MiniMap < Question :)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

MiniMap < Question :)

Postby ChemicalMuffinXD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:39 am

Hey!

I'm wondering if you Guardians could let us players use Minimap Mod because it will be easier to find places and stuff :)
Please! I think a lot of people on the server (ZZ) wants to use the minimap mod :D
One of them is LaLaRichter :'D

Regards
ChemicalMuffinXD
ChemicalMuffinXD

Minecraft IGN: ChemicalMuffinXD

Re: MiniMap < Question :)

Postby LaLaRichter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 am

No telling lies about the LaLa! :P You know very well I told you that I am against allowing minimaps. I think they make the game too easy. So there's my two cents on the matter. :D

--LaLa <3
LaLaRichter

Minecraft IGN: LaLaRichter

Postby ChemicalMuffinXD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Then you told me wrong :x
Because I know you said If i post on the forum that u are on my side XDDD
ChemicalMuffinXD

Postby LaLaRichter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Here is our conversation that I just pulled from my logs,

[19:59:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): is it okay to have minimap mod?
[19:59:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): nope
[19:59:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): oh okay why ;( ?
[19:59:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): zed thinks it's a bit cheaty
[19:59:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): it just makes much easier to find places
[19:59:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): his point exactly
[20:00:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): could you please try tell him XD?
[20:00:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): xD you may try to convince him if you want, but they are against the rules for the time being
[20:00:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): will he torture me if i try to convince him?
[20:00:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): ofc
[20:01:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): well then XD
[20:01:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): i could try post a topic on the forums ? :D
[20:01:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): if you wish, though he and lady wil then torture you
[20:02:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): yea, maybe a bad idea but its worth a try if im not alone XD
[20:02:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (To -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): lol okay, though i too am against them

[20:02:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] (From -Zedling-ChemicalMuffinXD): XD

So you must have read the chat wrong xD Sorry bout the confusion

--LaLa
LaLaRichter

Minecraft IGN: LaLaRichter

Postby ChemicalMuffinXD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:42 pm

I tought you meant, Though I'm against them too xd Like if you wanted minimap XDD
ChemicalMuffinXD

Postby Zedwick » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Torture, hmm? :twisted:

The rule is: Any mods which would give you an advantage over other players is not allowed. So if you can, with a change to your client, see a lava pool to your right or a patch of exposed ore on the surface just over the hill or even mobs nearby then that would give you an increased awareness over your fellow Zedlings.

ChemicalMuffinXD wrote:it will be easier to find places and stuff :)

Could make the same argument for X-ray mods, as it would make it easier to find ores and stuff :)

So no, you may not use minimap mods on Zedwork.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby ChemicalMuffinXD » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Heheh :twisted:

Yea but I mean with the Minimap you could set your home location and then if you go far away and want to get a horse with you back you can use minimap as help :3
But yeah, you are the owner so you decide what people on zedwork can use and not use :)
ChemicalMuffinXD

Postby Zedwick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm a firm believer in getting lost as a core experience in vanilla Minecraft.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Einhaender » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 am

While were on the topic of mods, would the Inventory Tweaks mod be allowed?
Features as listed by the minecraft wiki
Automatically replace your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
Sort your inventory and chests in a single click/keystroke
Customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to intuitive configuration files
Various powerful shortcuts to move items around

So pretty much all it does is help OCD people sort their chests and let lazy people refill their hot bar without opening their inventory. It doesn't give people who use it an advantage, but to be on the safe side, I thought I'd ask.
Einhaender

Minecraft IGN: Einhaender

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

So you're battling a creeper and two zombies, but in the last moment your sword breaks; you frantically try to back down the cave when you remember, you cleverly packed another sword! You open your inventory, locate the sword and move it into your slotbar and BOOM! You died. Ouch. Oh, but you coulda cheated and had the second sword magically appear in your hand as if the first had never broken? pffffft.

There's plenty of moments where such magical powers could give you an advantage other players don't get, it may sound like not much but it's still a mod which alters gameplay to your advantage. Even chest organising, as annoying as it may be, is part of the game which players build redstone contraptions to unburden themselves from.

So I would say no, you may not use Inventory Tweaks.
Zedwick
Guardian

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests