koolsource vote kick server mod

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

koolsource vote kick server mod

Postby Trayoz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:41 am

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/kick-vote

note that the introduction says its a plugin, but for my benefit i'm call it a mod

this is the link to the server mod just so u can check it out, i know u said u didn't want to put stress of a job on players that would take away the enjoy of the server but this mod doesn't do that it gives the players the ability to vote if there isn't a guardian on at the time, but when a guardian comes on the vote is cancelled and then the guardian can deal with the issue at hand.

here are some of the features:
Kick Votes
Temporary Ban Votes
10 Minute time limit if vote fails. - Stops people from spamming votes against the same person.
2 Minutes to vote
If everyone votes and it's a tie the vote ends in stalemate
Once the vote is more than half the players online the person is kicked / tempbanned and the vote ends
Players can only start a vote if no admins are online.
Votes running when an admin join are canceled.
Full permissions support
Trayoz

Re: koolsource vote kick server mod

Postby Zedwick » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 am

I have several issues with vote kick/bans. So let me give you a couple of examples where this plugin would be a terrible idea.

There are 4/5 people online, then a griefer team logs on as a group of 6. You initiate a vote against one of them, they all vote no. They now know there is a vote to ban plugin, so one of them initiates a vote against one of the regular players online. The vote passes 6 to 5 (at best, not everyone would vote). They ban all players this way, and continue their griefing undisturbed.

There are 5 players online. An argument breaks out between two of the players, one has 2 other friends online. A vote to ban is initiated by one of his friends, and they ban the other player. Either because they trusted their friend's word over the other player, or because they decided they just didn't like him. This would be unfair and an abuse of power, precisely why I am very careful over introducing new Guardians.

It is for the above possible situations that I do not want to employ a punishment by vote, sorry.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby FellAngel » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 am

I think with the new Protector class, we have alleviated the need for something like this. While protectors cannot ban, they can restrain players until a Guardian is available to deal with the issue. It will mean making sure the Protectors and the Guardians communicate on a regular basis, but that's not a bad thing. Also, I'm willing to give any protector or guardian alternate ways to contact me.
FellAngel

Postby DemonInuyahsa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:06 am

Yeah i say no to this just because of zed's reasons. I dont feel liek getting outvoted. :P Darn them politics :lol:
DemonInuyahsa

Return to Suggestions/Requests