[Zz] Framed Book Reading

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[Zz] Framed Book Reading

Postby Mellorian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm

The new update allowing books to be read in item frames is a brilliant addition, and uses for it are constantly revealing themselves. I was curious, however, if it would be possible for unsigned books to be read and edited within item frames?

Many shop and stall owners around Zen use writable books as a media upon which people can add requests and suggestions. Being able to do so regardless of trust, and with such a neat format as the recent plug-in allows would be wonderful, if possible.
Hope this doesn't put anyone in a bit of a bind ~ Mellori
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Re: [Zz] Framed Book Reading

Postby iiWolfyyy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am

This is quite interesting and could be very much useful. I'll thank dogz later for bringing it to mind, as he obviously asked you about it.
"wprkl" ~dogzack123 12/05/18
"yeee" ~Jasmyn01 07/08/18
"Needs more Cobble" ~Mellori_ Every day
"tunr" ~Zedwick 18/08/18
"wuth" ~iiWolfyyy01/09/18
iiWolfyyy

Minecraft IGN: iiWolfyyy

Re: Wolfyyy

Postby Mellorian » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:55 am

I didn't actually hear anything from Dogz, but great minds I suppose! ^-^
(No offense Dogz)
Mellorian
Zesty

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm

I hadn't even considered this, 'tis a great idea!
I would assume you wouldn't want people to be able to sign the books from within the item frames? I can think of no situation where signing them would be needed, so simplest would be to disallow signing them when opened from an item frame.

Also good to hear that you are finding use for the new feature :D I've yet to see it in action on the server personally.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Mellorian » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Not being able to sign it within item frames would probably be for the best, as you said.

Currently I found use for readable books in stating the district regulations in the Zen region, and I've also started working on some to go around my own region. I'm sure others have found uses too :)
Mellorian
Zesty

Return to Suggestions/Requests