[Zz] Resource world

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[Zz] Resource world

Postby Reanu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Yes i am new but please hear my suggestion.

Problem: world is getting destroyed.
Solution: make a resource world.

If you cut down trees you can replant them. But if you digg out sand in the middle of desert there is nothing to fix that. Same goes to packed ice, hardened clay, podzol. Just go /visit sand2 and you will see what i am talking about. For me, it's horrible. i don't even want to see mesa biome.
There is no easy solution for this. Just making new world and connect them together is not a simple solution. Some say it would ruin the economy on rare items everyone collected so far. I don't think it would affect economy that much. We would still have to gather resources. The problem is what we leave behind.
Maybe ban gathering of resources in the main world? (in a scale of visualy destroying certain areas)

What do you want more? To keep the value of blocks you collected so far or to walk through every single chunk on the server and enjoy the look of it?

Let me know what you think. Why is this suggestion good or bad for you?
Reanu

Minecraft IGN: Reanu

[Zz] Resource world

Postby Mellorian » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I agree with the limited resources, such as sand. Anyone who's visited Sand2 will agree with that.
But I don't think a resource world is the answer, atleast, not for Zedwork. It just doesn't fit the server in my opinion.
At the moment, we have chunk regen that turns chunks into ocean - from what I know of it.
Perhaps a more fitting solution would be to have it regen the default seed? Or perhaps certain biomes?

I don't think limiting what people can mine in the current world is a good idea - it would cause a lot of confusion and be difficult to enforce. However, as you say, if someone's build is in a desert then other players generally do not touch that desert. Just common courtesy really.

Value of blocks is important though. Maybe not as important as keeping the world nice, but it is still a key factor in deciding how we go on.

As a final point, I would like to say that there is still quite a lot of undeveloped areas of the world. There are plenty of deserts, at least further out, that are untouched, and I know of quite a few untouched mesas. I don't believe Zurvival is at a breaking point just yet, but I feel it is a good idea to have plans before that eventuality.

I think you have a very valid point, and this certainly merits discussion.
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Return to Suggestions/Requests