Can we add Zedwork factions?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Can we add Zedwork factions?

Postby JOE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:24 am

I think it would be cool if Zedwick added a factions world to the server. Most of the other servers I go on for factions are bad so they are not fun. Zedwork has a great community and I think this would be a good improvement to the server. I know there is a lot going on right now on Zedwork with the Milky Way project and Bluetopia being built. Both of these projects can be halted for a short term and we could make a truly amazing factions experience. It could include custom enchants if that is not to difficult for Zedwick to do. Please reply your opinions about this.
JOE

Minecraft IGN: J_O_E_

Re: Can we add Zedwork factions?

Postby JOE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 am

I said "other servers i go on are bad" in my previous post, I meant the community is bad. Sorry that was confusing.
JOE

Postby Memery » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 am

Being a vanilla server that aims to create a tradition feel I cannot see custom enchantments working on our server.
Also, a huge part of factioning is PvP which is turned off on LVS and Zz, so that aspect would certainly be interesting to work around.
Finally, factions just aren't very friendly. Factioning is about having enemies who battle each other for control of an area. Apart from the occasional prank, we are all far too nice to go to war.

I suppose, in a way, we are one big happy faction :D :D :D

However, there's nothing to stop you enjoying any role playing you wish to carry out :D

That's my opinion anyway
~ Memery
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Zedwick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:12 pm

I started out my Minecraft life on a factions server. There was one large faction who actively tried to harvest up all new players, and a few smaller factions made by players who managed to log on when the other faction was asleep :P Much tom foolery and backstabbing, our tiny 6 or 8 player factions was at war with the 120 player faction. I think we were winning :P

The kind of community Factions create is just generally a bit hostile. I had considered making a pvp oriented survival server in the past, but I think to do it right is a tricky. As you've seen, there are plenty of okay factions servers, but very few good ones. I think it would need plenty of players, a way to balance group numbers and encourage players to come together to pvp rather than only sieging each other's castles once in a while.

I don't think I am yet ready to attempt a pvp survival server like that. The Zedwork community is currently built around collaboration, rather than a competitive-spirit. However, maybe one day :) For now I would rather create event-based games, like running UHC once a month and hopefully other survival games, as a break from our usual play.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Reply to Memery and Zedwick

Postby JOE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:17 pm

One of Memery's issues with the factions serverm was custom enchants. this was just a suggestion though and does not have to be added.

Both Zedwick and Memery said that factions / PvP servers create a hostile environment. Which I don't think is true at all. Sure there is PvP and raiding other factions, we can't take that out. But most factions server with a hostile environment are servers with only factions. I believe that since Zedwork players have known each other for so long and created bonds that we can leave the teams and PvP in the factions server and not bring it and the separation of players back on the Zz and LVS servers.
JOE

Competitive vs. Collaborative

Postby Brenpop345 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:51 am

I think factions are put into servers for a more competitive feel. Factions divide players into teams and put them against each other :twisted: . I'm not saying factions are bad, just competitive. On the other hand, Zedwork focuses more on collaboration :D . That's why I think factions would be a bad idea for Zedwork. 8-)
Alex, this is... Alex. Listen, don't come to Edwards Island. Stay home. Stay safe.

-Oxenfree
Brenpop345

Minecraft IGN: Brenpop345

Return to Suggestions/Requests