A new mini game Idea!!

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

A new mini game Idea!!

Postby darthduck84 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:38 pm

So I have a Idea for a new Mini game I wish to toss out maybe we all can brain storm from this one idea, If I can get people who knows how to use command blocks, cause I got no idea how to do them, I am looking for ideas and helpers to make this mini game both more awesome and helper to build if approved.

the idea:

Players start off in a round arena with a stick with knock back 10, and a time limit when the buzzer hit zero anvils fall from the sky the only safe spot is a randomly generated barrier that will random appear in the arena at different spots that will spawn starting off big but get smaller with each player deaths (about each round) (which will be explained later one) (also untill its only a 1 by 1 block it will still save a player from the falling anvils (which cause death when hit by and they get sent to small prison in the sky to watch the other players) the players goal is to get to that barrier and and stay under it until the timer goes off and everyone who is not under the barrier is killed by the anvils and sent to "prison" by using the sticks you the player can push the player out from under the barrier and possible causing his/her death. the barrier that floats just possible 2 blocks off the ground (high enough for players to stand under and be safe)will protect the players under it, once the anvils hit the arena resets and clears and the next round proceed and this continues until only 1 or no player are alive in the end the players who lives the longest or has the most kills (if everyone dies) wins the game and you are taken back to the "lobby where you can do it again or leave.

So what do you all think? Ideas, suggestions, dislikes, any idea for a good name for it, leave a suggestion and tell me what you all think? Also please if you want to make this with me please tell me do not steal my idea...not trying to be rude byut I had a lot of my ideas stolen already....any how I digress please tell me what you all think of this!!

"Quacks and waits for replies"
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Re: A new mini game Idea!!

Postby Dax23333 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Sounds pretty fun Darth!

Working a lot on dungeon dash, I don't think i'd be able to help a huge amound. I do know how to make it rain anvils though!

First summon some markers to use, you'll need multiple ones to make the rain dense enough to be actually dangerous. Just run this multiple times until you have the number you want.
/summon armor_stand ~ ~1 ~ {Marker:1,Invulnerable:1,CustomName:"StrikePosition",Invisible:1}

Then to make it rain, run these two in a chain, in this order. The first command randomly places the markers inside a 100x100 square (the 50), the 2nd puts an anvil down 50 blocks in the sky. They will kill from full health at this hight.
/spreadplayers ~ ~ 1 50 false @e[type=armor_stand,name=StrikePosition]
/execute @e[type=armor_stand,name=StrikePosition] ~ ~ ~ setblock ~ ~50 ~ anvil 8

Once the game is done kill the markers.
/kill @e[type=armor_stand,name=StrikePosition]
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby ABParadigm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't know why, but all I could think of when I read this as "reverse spleef." I almost wonder if it would be interesting to have different layers to this, not just one layer of falling anvils. Although you may not start on the top like traditional spleef and break blocks under another player, I just thought this being the "death prison" under a spleef game would be an interesting story to it.

Again, I'm bad with interesting ideas like this, I just back up the original ideas. LOL

Note to self, never leave Dax with a command block on LVS. LOL

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Postby Zedwick » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Sounds fun, Darth.

ABP's interpretation sparked an idea: Some spleef arenas have multiple levels to fall through, but what if the goal is to both avoid falling anvils and to climb up? With lower levels of anvils being replaced with lava as the game goes on. You could add in the knockback sticks to knock players back down too. Kinda fusing Cunerunner with pvp here, eh?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby ABParadigm » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:05 am

I like it, Zed. Sounds intriguing, even more interesting than your traditional spleef; go up instead of down. If all else fails with the traditional, use the complete opposite and try it out, then expand from there. Am I right? :P

Also, glad I sparked an idea in your head. LOL, wish I could say I get the sparks but all I can do is give other people the means to create them. 8-)

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Postby darthduck84 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 am

Yes!! I love all these ideas!!! The only problem is once again I got no red stone or command block knowledge I can build the arena and the lobby but after that point I need help I don't even know where to build the arena at do I do it on a creative server or is there a spot on zedwork I do it on not trying to be a downer but basicly I am looking for other players to help build and do redstone and commands cause I can't do that as stated before, besides the building I mean.

And for the arena people are going to be climbing up I been thinking a gladiator ring like they had in rome the players who just want to watch can sit there and watch them climb and avoid anvils and not fall into the lava. I even want to add a 2 thrones one for zedwick one one for lady like the empeoir of Rome and his lady had one do they could watch the chaos below.

This already sounds like a amazing mini game concept, let's keep up the amazing ideas. Building will start as soon as I figure out the fine details and when I get back from my weekend with friends
darthduck84
Zesty

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:16 am

There not currently any way to build these minigames on Zedwork, you'd have to create a singleplayer world for it and build there. Please make sure to build in a "void world". Hopefully someone can offer specific instructions on setting that up.

I'm sure you could learn command blocking, you are a pretty smart Duck after all :)
I think the best way to learn is to have a project you're passionate about, with a clear idea of what you want to achieve. We more experienced command blockers are always here to offer help if you get stuck, like Dax offering his anvil rain above. I would like to populate our wiki with helpful guides on the commands and tutorials for different systems you may need, so please do ask for help if you're not sure how to make a specific part of your game; hopefully we can put together tutorials to help you with them.

I'd love to see your game make it into Zestygames ^_^
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby darthduck84 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks zedwick, I will try my best, how does one make a "void server" so I can get started on tinkering and experimenting and maybe start a bit on it, it will be a slow progress but it shall be done.
darthduck84
Zesty

Postby SneakySkeleton » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 pm

darthduck84 wrote:Thanks zedwick, I will try my best, how does one make a "void server" so I can get started on tinkering and experimenting and maybe start a bit on it, it will be a slow progress but it shall be done.

When creating a new world, to make it void, follow these instructions.

:arrow: Click "More World Options..."
:arrow: Set the World Type to Superflat, then click Customise.
:arrow: Click Presets, and scroll to the bottom of the list, where you should find "The Void"
:arrow: Click Use Preset, Done, and there you go, you should have a world with a small stone platform at your spawnpoint, that's it.
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Postby darthduck84 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm

SneakySkeleton wrote:
darthduck84 wrote:Thanks zedwick, I will try my best, how does one make a "void server" so I can get started on tinkering and experimenting and maybe start a bit on it, it will be a slow progress but it shall be done.

When creating a new world, to make it void, follow these instructions.

:arrow: Click "More World Options..."
:arrow: Set the World Type to Superflat, then click Customise.
:arrow: Click Presets, and scroll to the bottom of the list, where you should find "The Void"
:arrow: Click Use Preset, Done, and there you go, you should have a world with a small stone platform at your spawnpoint, that's it.

And here I thought it was going to be complicated like with 500 red stone command blocks and such, this is surprisingly easy.
darthduck84
Zesty

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests