A whole new world?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Re: A whole new world?

Postby Dax23333 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:59 am

Removing mods would be pretty bad in almost all circumstances, can make all sorts of mess.

A few years back my friend had a modded minecraft server for us to play on, after a few weeks playing one modpack we decided that although fun we wanted to play a different one. He forgot to delete the world first, resulting in lots of mods from the first pack being removed and more added. The result was that my house was turned to air as the modded blocks dissapeared, and a forest made from trees from a mod in the first pack was turned to ore as another mod claimed the now unused block ids. Was quite a sight to see a forest where the leaves were varios kinds of ore. A modded server meant to be long lasting would likely need to choose one minecraft version and stick to it, as not all the mods would be updated and removing them could be disasterous.

Anyhow I havn't played modded for ages, so any examples I give are likely to be very old and possibly not updating anymore, like it turns out Twilight Forest is.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby HOMINIX » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Just throwing this out there, I'd up my monthly sub if you add a modded server with chisel and bits! I'd love to be able to play modded with zedwork people!
Mayor of Savannah Springs
HOMINIX
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: HOMINIX

Postby Jasmyn01 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:13 pm

A whole new server added to zedwork would be rather costly to run :/
If it is about difficulty levels, i know in a previous Zedkins meeting Zed posed an idea (nothing set yet) that having specific regions with a harder difficulty would be interesting and allow players who have been on for a long time to have a challenge in their everyday surviving. A few plugin's enhancing this experience would be good. The idea of having it harder in certain regions would be a way better choice if anything like this were to happen as it would allow people to choose how they play. Those who want to survive can, and those who want to create can. It would be ideal to allow for noobs and experienced players to enjoy the server. ^_^
Watch Your Back, Creper Sees All! -_-
Jasmyn01
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Jasmyn01

Postby SwayLight » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Jasmyn01 wrote:A whole new server added to zedwork would be rather costly to run :/
If it is about difficulty levels, i know in a previous Zedkins meeting Zed posed an idea (nothing set yet) that having specific regions with a harder difficulty would be interesting and allow players who have been on for a long time to have a challenge in their everyday surviving. A few plugin's enhancing this experience would be good. The idea of having it harder in certain regions would be a way better choice if anything like this were to happen as it would allow people to choose how they play. Those who want to survive can, and those who want to create can. It would be ideal to allow for noobs and experienced players to enjoy the server. ^_^

I don't think adding things to ZZ would give people what they wanted. People want a new world so that most can start on an equal footing and add things to MC that are not vanilla. giving an entirely new feel. Would feel like a real kick in the nards to just say "well lets add stuff to ZZ and then you have to play there if you want the something different".
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Postby Dax23333 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Not to mention the people playing on Zz already who might not want a radically different minecraft experience. Despite the few plugins Zz plays very much like vanilla, with the exception of /home (which I understand is not quite so useful now) and region travel.

However I would think running a 'modded' server on a bunch of plugins and maybe a recource pack would work, and be able to provide a unique experience. Change the world generation maybe, change mob spawning behavior, drops etc. Even if you only change the world generation, like in skyblock or skygrid, it can give a radically different game. Skygrid especially is a lot of fun, would be good to play an up to date version that actually has nether quartz in it...

An actual modded server we seem to have established would need to stay on one version forever, else the mods used might not update and then rip holes in peoples houses, or the world, or all sorts of other nasty things. Kinda clashes with Zeds desire to keep it up to date. I would suggest starting it on a recent version, say 1.12 or 1.11.2 or some other version with lots of mods for it and then going from there. Unfortunatly in 2 years it'd be well out of date and lacking a lot of vanilla content. Although I would hope by then it'd be modded heavily and nobody would care.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby SwayLight » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 pm

I think looking for plugins which are being updated through MC versions and having a "modded" server that way is probably the better option. There are certainly enough out there which change MC drastically, the biggest being MCMMO and Custom Enchants.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Postby KBizzle10 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 pm

I think it must be said that I am incredibly grateful for the support and different ideas that have been added to this post. Thanks to everyone who has commented their opinion, idea or support in their own time. Personally, this proves more than ever what a community of great people Zedwork has, and Zed, you should be very proud to have created this! Even if nothing happens with this, thank you for commenting, replying, sharing your ideas.... it really has been interesting to see what everyone else thinks!
KBizzle10

Minecraft IGN: KBizzle10

Postby Zedwick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 pm

KBizzle10 wrote:Personally, this proves more than ever what a community of great people Zedwork has, and Zed, you should be very proud to have created this!

I'm proud as punch of the lot o' ya ^_^
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Brenpop345 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 am

KBizzle10 wrote:I think it must be said that I am incredibly grateful for the support and different ideas that have been added to this post. Thanks to everyone who has commented their opinion, idea or support in their own time. Personally, this proves more than ever what a community of great people Zedwork has, and Zed, you should be very proud to have created this! Even if nothing happens with this, thank you for commenting, replying, sharing your ideas.... it really has been interesting to see what everyone else thinks!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

<3
Alex, this is... Alex. Listen, don't come to Edwards Island. Stay home. Stay safe.

-Oxenfree
Brenpop345

Minecraft IGN: Brenpop345

Postby SwayLight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:17 am

I know this post hasn't had a reply in a while, but touching on the aspect of having a plugin non-vanilla world instead of a modded one would be potentially just as good.

There are plugins that Zed can use to create extremely hard PVE content for people to take on,
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/dungeonsxl.9488/ Is a plugin which allows the creation of dungeons with completely custom loot and even can be made that you have to use pre-made loadouts in order to complete instead of using OP gear you might already have.

To combine with this would be the very commonly used plugin, MCMMO, which adds Stats with passive and non-passive abilites, giving MC a more MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) feel.
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/mcmmo

And the final of the big 3 is custom enchants, Possible to be obtained through the custom dungeons or in other means, Custom enchants adds a large selection of new enchants all with unique abilites. Which can really spice up both PVE and PVP.
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/custom-enchantments

While I can understand there being no immediate plans for a new server because of a varying of reasons, it's just nice to have these suggestions here as draft of what could possibly be, Plugin based modded servers are insanely popular at the moment and could produce quite a big traction of players if balanced and done correctly.
SwayLight

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Requests