A whole new world?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Re: A whole new world?

Postby KBizzle10 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 am

I think modded would be great, but I have to ask, would it constantly crash people's laptops? I know that some people have managed to play modpackt like FoolCraft on their laptops, which gives me a bit of hope, but would a particularly laggy mods stretch an Apple MacBook Air too far? Also, and I don't know if this idea has already been put forward, but I think a vote for the next mod would be a good idea. Obviously we don't want MC to be too easy, perhaps putting mods like inventory pets out of the 'plan'.
Thanks
KBizzle10
KBizzle10

Minecraft IGN: KBizzle10

Postby Dax23333 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

I don't think letting people vote on which mods are added would be wise. The selection would have to be picked carefully to get a somewhat coherent theme, and factors like server cpu usage for each mod would need to be considered. In addition exploitable interactions between mods would be bad. Most tech mod packs I have seen have had something like that. An example springs to mind where you put a single blaze rod into a machine with parts from a few different mods and it would loop around and make blaze rods which could then be converted into anything.

There also is the question of how to make sure that people can get the pack to play on the server. Host it as a pack on some modded mc place? Just give out a mod list?
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby SwayLight » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Dax23333 wrote:There also is the question of how to make sure that people can get the pack to play on the server. Host it as a pack on some modded mc place? Just give out a mod list?

You can compress the folder down and have a download link on the forums, it would take a little fiddling for people new to mods to add them but wouldn't be impossible with a guide attached. I agree that finding a balance of mods that wouldn't be overpowered is the major point. You can even look away from "mods" and potentially have an MCMMO server combined with other plugins to give an enriched experience.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Postby KBizzle10 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 am

Dax23333 wrote:I don't think letting people vote on which mods are added would be wise. The selection would have to be picked carefully to get a somewhat coherent theme, and factors like server cpu usage for each mod would need to be considered. In addition exploitable interactions between mods would be bad.

I do see your point, but then Zed (or another authority on Zedwork) could chose 3 (ish) mods to download next, giving the server a say an letting Zed keep it to a theme.

I have been doing some research and, having said I think Inventory Pets might make it too easy, however if you configure (which you can) to make them come out of Inventory Pets loot bags (Inventory Pets and Loot Bag mods work together) or only being able to find them in dungeons, then it would be ok.
Personally, some mods that really enhance the game are:
Botania: https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225643-botania

Biomes O' Plenty: https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/220318-biomes-o-plenty

Chickens: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chickens
(And Hatchery: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hatchery)

Chisel: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chisel

Chisel and Bits: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chisels-bits/images

Decocraft 2: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/decocraft2

Draconic Evolution (?): https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/draconic-evolution

Just Enough Items: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/just-enough-items-jei

Moo Fluids: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/moo-fluids

Pam's HarvestCraft: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/pams-harvestcraft

Also Including the mod list ABP posted.
Personally, mods like vein miner are fun, but unnecessarily easy. I haven't put Inventory Pets or Loot Bags in, but they could be good as well. I think farming mods and mods that add armour and weapons/tools really cater to everyone, then having mods like deco craft making the build aspect a bit nicer.

Thanks
KBizzle10
KBizzle10

Postby ABParadigm » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 am

KBizzle10 wrote: Also Including the mod list ABP posted.
Personally, mods like vein miner are fun, but unnecessarily easy. I haven't put Inventory Pets or Loot Bags in, but they could be good as well. I think farming mods and mods that add armour and weapons/tools really cater to everyone, then having mods like deco craft making the build aspect a bit nicer.

Ah, that's the interesting part! I enjoyed tinkers construct in its original form. The new "version" (though it is really a new mod entirely) dubbed tinkers construct two had vein miner, not the original to my knowledge (this does not count hammers and lumber axes which dug out larger areas as it was certainly not as ridiculously OP as vein miner is currently), hence where the trouble of configuring versions comes into play that Zedwick mentioned.

Should also mention I learned of this about two weeks after I posted and my "look like an idiot" part is not far from the truth given that knowledge. :lol: :roll: :P

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Postby KBizzle10 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:40 am

Maybe looking at a modpack and choosing mods from there might be a better idea. They are made to work together. Foolcraft especially comes to mind, then you can alter it slightly.
KBizzle10

Postby Dax23333 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 am

I would prefer a modded experience to make the game harder, not easier. Mods with a lot of depth like tinkers construct are great to have too, it provide huge potential for custom equipment although the rapiers are utterly busted in PVP balance wise. 100% armor ignore no matter what the enemy is wearing and can hit as fast as you click. Basically turns into double click your're dead with a top level one. I have also enjoyed the expansive dungeons added by Better Dungeons or Twighlight Forest, they provide a very good challanging raid to do. Although I don't think dungeon mods would be very good in a multiplayer server where they'd all end up raided fairly quickly. The complex machines you can make in tech mods also are a lot of fun, needing thought to make them do what you want.

Not sure if this would be for everyone, just throwing it out there. I also spent ages trekking over the world to find new trees from Natura, so thats a good one too.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby SwayLight » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Dax23333 wrote:I would prefer a modded experience to make the game harder, not easier. Mods with a lot of depth like tinkers construct are great to have too, it provide huge potential for custom equipment although the rapiers are utterly busted in PVP balance wise. 100% armor ignore no matter what the enemy is wearing and can hit as fast as you click. Basically turns into double click your're dead with a top level one. I have also enjoyed the expansive dungeons added by Better Dungeons or Twighlight Forest, they provide a very good challanging raid to do. Although I don't think dungeon mods would be very good in a multiplayer server where they'd all end up raided fairly quickly. The complex machines you can make in tech mods also are a lot of fun, needing thought to make them do what you want.

Not sure if this would be for everyone, just throwing it out there. I also spent ages trekking over the world to find new trees from Natura, so thats a good one too.

The biggest problem with a lot of mods is that they don't exist after 1.7.10 and Zed said he'd prefer a server that is newer version of MC.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Postby KBizzle10 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 pm

[/quote] The biggest problem with a lot of mods is that they don't exist after 1.7.10 and Zed said he'd prefer a server that is newer version of MC.[/quote]
Definitely difficult to work with and, again, why a Modpack might come in useful.

Also Dax, I agree that Minecraft being more difficult definitely is better than it being too easy. Being easy makes it boring (sorry to sound cliché) and Twilight Forest really includes a lot of new features.
Just wondering (because I don't know much about Twilight Forest), if I make a portal, and then you make a portal, would we go to the same place (like the End) or a different place dependent on the portal placing (like the Nether)?
I think mods that add new mobs and loot especially ,will be very good for the server, encouraging trade and currency between players. Chisel and Bits (and just Chisel) also includes new block types which can be copied, sold etc. Ender IO adds a lot of (personally) really interesting wiring, but they may just be me who thinks that. I included Moo Fluids, Chickens and Hatchery because farming in vanilla is dull, and these mods make it more fun. I didn't include better storage mods because ABP already had, but I think we should limit it, or at least make it more difficult to progress fast. More ores (mods that add more ores, not a mod called More Ores) mods should add ores that are useful, maybe to make better armour, weapons, tools etc. We don't have modded MC to be running around with diamond stuff! :)
KBizzle10

Postby SwayLight » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:31 am

I feel like two different conversations are happening here, Zed said himself that he'd rather have a set of mods that are for a more modern version of MC, which rules out any 1.7.10 mods that have never been updated since, like Twilight Forest (The original creator himself said he'd never update the mod anymore as he has more important IRL stuff to do).

My issue with Zed's mindset is that he'd want to keep the server updating through minecraft versions, which when you add mods to the equations can cause horrible issues to worlds. Especially if you remove mods which add any sort of terrain generation.

I think a potentially better route to go down would be Plugins which can drastically change and make MC harder. I'm sure there are plenty out there which can add a lot of new and exciting stuff to MC for people to enjoy.

P.S: To answer your question KBizzle, Twilight forest portals will not act up if two are in a close proximity. It can however cause some to massive amounts of lag if you put a lot near each other (I'm talking like 30-40 in a small area).
SwayLight

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Requests