Zedwork on the go?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Zedwork on the go?

Postby Vitgone » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Since the "better together" update soon comes out for wii u, switch, xbox one, pe and windows 10. (The update adds all the non java versions of the game to a big versoin without a subtitle just minecraft) would not it be cool if it has a separate zedwork for the "other" version of minecraft? The only problem is that the versions useses C ++. it is more difficult to make plugins in C ++ but everything is possible. the "code" of LVS was made useing command blocks. Something similar would be possible. I have thought that an xbox account Is required to join. Because you do not have an account to play the "other" version. (soo that you could not make infinite alts) Or you get a 4 digit code that you have to type in to join. For example: guardian: "type in your 4-digit code" and u type for example: "4jx9" and then u get to play.
What do you think about "btz" (Better together zedwork)? :D
Vitgone

Minecraft IGN: Vitgone

Re: Zedwork on the go?

Postby SwayLight » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:30 am

The mass majority of the Minecraft community is still with the Java version and the "better together" versions seem more like Microsoft Mojang trying to monetize and add as many micro transactions as possible into the game so they can make more money. I've heard from multiple people that not all the Java features exist within the C++ version but I don't know how true that it. I very much doubt the Java version will ever lose steam as modding pretty much dominates Java MC. Idk if possible for the C++ versions. Another server would mean Zed having to pay for it and I'm not entirely sure how that would work or cost. Then the question would be, would enough people donate to keep it running? I doubt it myself.

Hopefully if Microsoft Mojang reworks it to allow for more modding, flexibility and general just less sucking compared to the Java version, a Better Together Zedwork server would be worth having.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Re: Zedwork on the go?

Postby Zedwick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:22 am

It's not something I've looked into heavily, but I have considered it. There have been some code projects popping up from time to time that try to allow PE players to join PC MC servers. I've not seen any make it to full compatibility yet, but maybe better together will provide extra motivation for someone working on such a project :) Might not support enough features to play our survival servers, but could be cool to be able to join ZestyGames from the consoles when they're running.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to Suggestions/Requests