The Official "Something Changed!" Topic!

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

The Official "Something Changed!" Topic!

Postby Zedwick » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:29 am

I've been making some changes here and there recently, some I'm trialling others I'm just assuming are awesome and shall be kept forever!

But I'd like to know what the Zedlings all think of them. So if you spot something new, or something that seems a little bit different, please post here and let me know if you love it, or hate it!

A few recent changes:

-Rotating ads on the website
-broadcasts in-game
-PvP day-time/night-time messages

So let me know what your thoughts are, so I can know if I'm doing well or otherwise :)
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Re: The Official "Something Changed!" Topic!

Postby AwsomeG2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 am

The PvP day and night messages aren't straight forward enough if you didn't already know about what it was meaning in my opinion
AwsomeG2
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: AwsomeG2

Postby Futurady » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:18 am

Keep the rotating home page, I think its a great way show off all the great areas of zedwork
I do like the new day/night messages, some people come to us thinking we are purely a non pvp so i think it helps to show that they wont be attacked by other players randomly.
The in game bulletin I have only seen once and that was for the Valterra competition so love it love it love it :0
Futurady

Minecraft IGN: Futurady

Postby chester1525 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:22 am

I like all the changes so far, as long as the messages will not be spammed every 5 min.
chester1525
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: chester1525

Postby miakalina » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

I love the rotating home page. Probably my favorite change.
The new day and night messages are nice. Less chance of someone thinking it's okay to slaughter players. *shudders*
I'm not bothered much by the broadcasts in-game. :3
miakalina
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: miakalina

Postby GoldyBee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I think it was yesterday or the day before? Anyway, the whole trade thing is cool when not being spammed. :b (which is all i've seen yet.) And of course rotating home and day/night messages are awesome~
GoldyBee

Minecraft IGN: GoldyBee

Postby Anteramian » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:22 am

Greetings,

I recently enhanced the area around a region post and did some building in the nether. The repeated message about building outside of my claim was very intrusive to conversation with other players. Is there a way to limit this to maybe two gold/yellow messages and one final message in red. Basically three strikes and you are out?

It isn't major as I know we all build outside of claims on a regular basis. Just a thought.

Many thanks,
Jake (Anteramian)
Last edited by Anteramian on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anteramian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Anteramian

Postby Stealthy_Red » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Yeah i agree with Anter, the build notifications really spam the chat and get annoying.
It's not a big deal but if you can do something about it, then try :P
Thanks
-RedHawK
^ This is Red's post! ^
Stealthy_Red

Minecraft IGN: Stealthy_Red

Postby Treiskaideka » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 pm

I agree with that. Is there any way to make it have a kind of 'cool down' time for like 5 or 10 minutes?
I mean, sometimes this message is usefull, but annoying when you for example don't have all the building space claimed.
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Postby DieSchwarzgeist » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:30 pm

I've noticed that ever since Zurvival updated to 1.8 there is no longer a limit on how many mobs a mob spawner can spawn. Although I like how it makes it easier to get XP; I'm just worried that someone will forget that they are afk at a spawner, spawn 1000s of mobs, and lag/crash the server. Before 1.8 a single spawner could spawn 10 mobs, a double could do 20, etc. I suggest that system be re-implemented, but with a cap of 20 or 30 mobs per spawner.
^_^

~DSG
DieSchwarzgeist

Minecraft IGN: DieSchwarzgeist

Return to Suggestions/Requests