Maybe a new plugin...?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Maybe a new plugin...?

Postby KBizzle10 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi Zedwick,
I was just wondering, as I spent a lot of time away from ZZ and on other servers, I would suggest a teleporting plugin. I find, once using teleporting frequently, that it's really useful! Also maybe, to prevent loss of items in death, a /back. I'm sure you will agree that when dying, it's awful to lose everything you have worked hard for! I'm sure you don't want to see us suffer but have it be not too easy to get everything back. That's why I suggest a time limit /back. Maybe once every 20 minutes?
Finally, and apologies if this is in the wrong section, I was afk-ing and suddenly I died. No moving or anything. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my stuff again. I was away from my computer, getting some water so I don't know if it is the glitch, but dogzack123 did tell me about a glitch that involved players being randomly teleported to the void occasionally. I'm not sure but it could be. I'm almost certain it wasn't a mob or similar because I was in a trusty dirt container which was intact when I saw the respawn screen. I don't know if you can but could I have a rollback of sorts? I really don't want to lose everything :cry: !
Sorry if the last bit was in the wrong place and thanks for reading,
KBizzle10!
KBizzle10

Minecraft IGN: KBizzle10

Re: Maybe a new plugin...?

Postby Zedwick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 am

We do provide teleportation! As you are never more than 200 blocks away from a region post, you are always within 400 blocks of any point across the entire world ^_^

I think the system we have now provides a good balance between letting you get around and not making things too easy, though the /home teleport leans it a little closer to easy than not as it lets you escape danger.

With regards to your death; I've not heard of any glitch that would teleport a player into the void (and if that did occur, you would see a black screen rather than where you left yourself when AFK). It sounds like you buried yourself in a dirt box, a 1*1*2 box? It is possible for mobs to attack you through a closed box like that if the stand in the block diagonally next to the block you stand in, if you did not fill in the corners. That strikes me as the most likely explanation.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby KBizzle10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Ok!
Firstly thanks for getting back so quickly! I expected a couple of days, not just one! Also, as an extra for teleporting, maybe teleporting to individual players? Then it would be more fun to do collaborations.
I do agree the /home is VERY useful. Other servers have a two second time limit and having been on one of those for a while, it was a lovely change to come back with a quick /home.
In regards to my death, maybe to prevent future happenings of AFK death, no damage being caused whilst being AFK. I am not sure if that is already the process, and I may have been too early in the AFK process to be counted (when it takes a couple of minutes to process a player being AFK) maybe a /AFK would be useful. Obviously, it would be unfair to do it if you're in lava or being attacked then you cheat your way out of it, but it would be quite useful.
Thanks,
KBizzle10
KBizzle10

Minecraft IGN: KBizzle10

Postby The1Shaw » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Don't go afk for more than 5 minutes. As you didn't respawn somewhere else, technically your still there.
The1Shaw

Minecraft IGN: The1Shaw

Return to Suggestions/Requests