Suggestion about pvp.

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Suggestion about pvp.

Postby Pettmol » Fri May 06, 2016 7:07 pm

As this is the suggestion area, I'd like to suggest that we try a week with pvp on to see how the server works with it. I know it's a lot of arguments both for and against the idea of pvp, but I'm not really going into that. I just think it would be a good idea to see how the community takes to it, and if it works.

If it should prove to be something people enjoy, then we could talk more about it and ideas around it. If people don't then we've tried it out.
Pettmol

Minecraft IGN: Pettmol

Re: Suggestion about pvp.

Postby SwayLight » Fri May 06, 2016 8:31 pm

I wouldn't want constant PvP everywhere but I have asked a few times if there are PvP zones/Arenas where we can fight people. Would be good for duels where people can bet and risk.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Postby Zedwick » Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 am

Remembering the early days of LVS when I was adamant that a pvp-on, friendly co-operative grief-free vanilla server was totally possible; It's not. New players end up in a slappy war to the death, and my "Defenders" in OP gear stepping in to "maintain order" just riled up the new players to gang up on the OP bully, killing them and continuing to fight over the diamond loot.

I cannot keep some areas/players safe from pvp, and allow it elsewhere. pap-areas in the world just isn't possible, unfortunately.

Why do you want PVP in your survival world? Is it a void ZestyGames cannot fill for you?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby The1Shaw » Sat May 07, 2016 9:27 am

I was thinking once a month we could have "kill Chester day" since in bridge wars with 4 v 1 he still wins (most of the time).
This would even things out, because the zesty games don't allow me to kill Chester enough.
The1Shaw

Minecraft IGN: The1Shaw

Postby LaLaRichter » Sat May 07, 2016 11:35 am

I think you have a solid idea there, shaw! genius! :lol:
LaLaRichter

Minecraft IGN: LaLaRichter

Postby Pettmol » Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Oh, I do like the zestygames. I guess PVP is just one more spice to the vanila game I'd like to have. It's not really a big thing, but I just like the idea of it. Why I'd want it in a survival world? Well it does fit with the theme of survival after all. It's small stuff like arena fights, different game ideas, generally shooting arrows at homi and such stuff.

Again this isn't about not liking the games, I just mostly play the vanilla and would just like it even more if it also included pvp. However I fully understand the problems with newer players fighting and killing and the anarchy that might insure. Seeing as I wasn't around I'll take your word for it not going well back then, I don't have a solution to it, maybe give more people the chance to bann or at least throw people of the server etc. Perhaps a middle class above the light blue now and full on admin privileges.

All in all, it's but a suggestion for something we could try.
Pettmol

Minecraft IGN: Pettmol

Postby Calzah » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:53 pm

I think it could be like a organised thing, "Every -sunday- at -5pm-" doesn't have to be that day/time it's just an example, be good thing to do, that way people don't have to come on that time. I'm all for Vanilla, but i'm also all for PVP.
Calzah
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Calzah

Return to Suggestions/Requests