Voting Suggestion

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Voting Suggestion

Postby Jams__ » Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello.

I think we should have a monthly award for voting. I thought perhaps we had a top 3 monthly voters!

I havent quite thought about this yet but heres my suggestion so far:

Top Voter: Donor Rank?

2nd Top Voter: Beacon

3rd Top Voter: Diamond Block

Not only will this reward players but will also bring in more votes which means more players!

- JamieMc1664
Jams__

Minecraft IGN: Jams__

Re: Voting Suggestion

Postby SneakySkeleton » Thu May 05, 2016 8:16 pm

Hey Jamie!

I know you had said you have not thought about this yet, but here's my opinion on the matter:

:arrow: The Top Voter being a donor rank will most likely not happen, as donor rank is (as the title suggests) only for donors to the server. If Zed thinks this is a good idea (not entirely sure though), I would imagine he would either introduce a new "Top Voter" rank, or just give an item to them. I do have my doubts that he will ever introduce any new ranks, as that means more command blocks, which in turn means more lag :cry:

:arrow: Now I do like the idea of having prizes for voting, but if this were to happen, I would not agree with having such rare and expensive items as prizes, even if monthly. I'm almost certain this has been mentioned before by Zed; he stated that he either didn't want it to ruin the vanilla experience, or that vanilla limits (or possibly prevents) the likelihood of this happening. If it is possible, I would like 3-5 steak for every vote :3

My opinion on the matter is that I feel we are fine as it is.
-Sneaks :D
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Postby Zedwick » Thu May 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Some form of reward, or just recognition, for dutifully voting in support of the server daily would be a good idea. It needs me to set up tracking of such things first, though. Perhaps just a publicly available top 10 list would be a good idea to start off with.

I'll add vote tracking to my todo, but I can't promise you'll see it any time soon.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby SwayLight » Fri May 06, 2016 4:55 pm

IF you wanted to go full force with that you could add a Weekly, Monthly and all time top voters list and I agree having a reward that's not too OP as a reward would be nice, would make people challenge each other for top voter spot which in turn makes the server more popular.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Return to Suggestions/Requests