Super highway (overworld subway tunnel)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Super highway (overworld subway tunnel)

Postby darthduck84 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:02 am

So I have a goal, I want to make a subway that will connect, to all towns to get to the main hub of the over world tunnel you will of course have to go through a nether portal to get to it, but now you are thinking why not use the nether, well the nether hub is great but you can get so lost in it and maybe a track will not be finish and BOOM! you are instantly stuck in the middle of the nether lost your only option is death to get back to home, or a super long walk back to the hub, the subway in the over world will connect to all towns (that allow it) (and it won't connect to starter towns to avoid greifers) and this is how it will work the main hub will go in all 4 directions north,east,south,west all the way to the end border of each direction and once that is done a smaller rail will be made that will take you to town, and if you want you can even connect to the main tunnel for a way to get to other towns. each town will have it own stop and will have sign board that tells you which way to go to get to what towns and each stop will have that.

I already been called crazy and told many times this won't work by many people and frankly that hurt but, I decided I won't give up I won't give in, I will complete this thing all the way to the end, if you want to help then great if not please do not mock the idea and to all those who mocked me called me crazy saying it won't work.......the jokes on you I will make it work!

Darthduck84

P.S. I am now buying power rails, rails, gold, iron, please contact me if you have some of those items for sale thanks.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Re: Super highway (overworld subway tunnel)

Postby Jams__ » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Your name doesn't lie! You are a darth duck. Good Luck! I'm willing to lend a hand if needed..
Jams__

Minecraft IGN: Jams__

Postby Earthcow289 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:38 am

Hello Darthduck and Jamie,

I have been working at this sortve for years, close to a few towns, but anyways I support this idea :)

(whispers duck come dig with me :o , I like to find diamonds by digging towards Hayfever Village and Savannah. Hayfever is 4500 blocks away still. Last night I started digging towards Savannah (in the nether; but its a start) I love major tunnels this would be cool.

I remember when Amir, Aravero, and I dug from Doumont to Forest hills! :D <3
Earthcow289

Minecraft IGN: EarthCow

Postby ThatNurd » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Hey, Darth, I support the idea but I suggested something like this once at a council meeting and we decided to not do it, because it'd provide an easy connection to towns.

Once again, I support the idea and I think it's a cool concept, but it could really be dangerous, especially if this "main hub" is in the overworld, even if you'd have to go thru the nether, it's still in the overworld so someone could easily be exploring and find it without needing to go thru the nether, and suddenly they have a connection to a bunch of towns, ready to be griefed.

I really don't wanna be the guy who shuts down the project, but you have to consider the possibilities :/

Sorry, Darth ;-;

-Nurd
ThatNurd

Minecraft IGN: ThatNurd

Postby Zedwick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Really the danger has been players new to the server being led straight to an established player's build soon after joining, they are likely to be auto-banned once they reach one player's build and start to grief it, and won't get to move on to a second. Stumbling on a hub connection to multiple towns is unlikely to cause more of an issue than stumbling across a single established player or town's builds.

So long as new players are not led to this hub from new player areas, which I believe is the plan, then it shouldn't be an issue :)
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby darthduck84 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:15 pm

that and to reach it you will have to know and the tunnel is near bed rock so you might dig into, but then I have a way to prevent that or slow it down , so people don't do that. also the only way to get into this tunnel will be through the nether or through a way that only a zedling, or higher can get too and the tunnel will not connect to any new town, so there is no way a greifer can get to towns and grief and even if they did some how as zed will point out they would be banned, all this already been deeply though out and planned ahead of time if you got more question post away I will be glad to put all your worries aside and maybe out more of a positive outlook on this idea, and as far as the council go, they already gave me the green light.

have a wonderful day.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Return to Suggestions/Requests