[Both] New '!' Command

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[Both] New '!' Command

Postby SneakySkeleton » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Hey.
This is a suggestion for a new '!' command.
There are currently some awesome commands Zed has done, but I have come up with an idea that could benefit a lot of people.

The Idea:
!name / !namecheck - A command that would check [***websites name hidden***] for player's previous IGNs. This would be very useful for players who have found old houses, and want to check the !lastseen command. Sometimes nothing shows up, because they have changed their IGNs.

-> The player would use it in the following way:
!name SneakySkeleton

-> The output would be the following (in this case)
Previous IGNS for SneakySkeleton:
----------------------------------------------------------------
SneakySkeleton 04/02/2015, 18:24:00 (UTC−0)
SneakySkeleton21 (Original)
---------------------------------------------------------------

I understand you have done lots and lots for us, we appreciate all the work you do. This is just a suggestion, hope you like it! :D

-Sneaky
Last edited by SneakySkeleton on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Re: [Both] New '!' Command

Postby ThatNurd » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:56 pm

I personally have nothing against it, but I feel like namemc.com is a bit of an invasion of privacy, I have nothing against my previous names being public, but what if someone doesn't want their previous names to be public, what if someone used to have a say, for example an offensive name and wouldn't want for people to look at it and judge him by his past mistakes?
Like I said, I have nothing against it nor did I have any... "special" names in the past, I'm just saying, there's deffinetly some people who don't want their previous names known.

That's just my rant against the website, all together I think that whole thing houses, builds etc. is a pretty smart move but like I said there's deffinetly someone out there that would have some kind of objection to his past names being known to the public.
ThatNurd

Minecraft IGN: ThatNurd

Postby Zedwick » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Nurd's thoughts are why I took time to think before replying right away, despite that information being public knowledge provided by Mojang. I will atleast make it available for Zriends to help manage community areas, but probably won't make it available for everyone to use.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby SneakySkeleton » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Ah, that is fine. Sorry, didn't consider Nurd's point, and now having thought about it, I completely agree.
Although it may not be necessary, I will edit the previous post and hide the web site,as the whole privacy point would be pointless if anyone could go and check that website. ;)
-Sneaky
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Return to Suggestions/Requests