Possible Musuem? (Zz)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Possible Musuem? (Zz)

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:36 am

Hey all you Zedlings!
If you have watched the Cube SMP, you will know what I am talking about! :)
Anyways, I was thinking that we could build a museum at spawn! Of course, with Zed's permission! This museum could have rare items and all, but the main idea of it was to house all those freakin' awesome and rare mobs! We could put jockies, charged creepers, wither skeletons, and maybe a guardian behind bars! And for the grand centerpiece, we could have a ghast(don't criticize, only an idea)! ;)
We could all pitch in and work on the building, which would need to be pretty big (if you even google the Cube SMP museum, you could get an idea), the cages/interior of the place, and of course, getting all of the items and mobs! I know that this is a lot to ask from you guys, but I think that this project will give the Zedwork Zurvival server (and possibly LVS) an awesome unique element! If we all work on this to make it the best ever, we could really make this be sooo awesome! :D
And hey, make sure to leave your feedback on what you guys are thinking on the project!

Thanks!
Maple_is_Syrup
"I drink maple syrup. Then I'm hyper so I just run around like crazy and work it all off." ~Rachel McAdams
Maple_is_Syrup

Minecraft IGN: Maple_is_Syrup

Re: Possible Musuem? (Zz)

Postby darthduck84 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:12 am

the idea sounds great but the problem lies with other players, who would come in and try to break free the beast or try to loot the place which all can be easily solved by making it so people can 't break blocks or place blocks. so all and all the idea would be pretty awesome.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Postby Zedwick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:25 am

Probably too big of a project for spawn, but certainly centre it on an empty region! You can of course claim it and give Zedlings permission using /trust group.zedling
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Ok, Zed, you're probably right! And Darth, your also right! We would keep the museum trust to the builders and item/mob collectors for it. I guess if and Zedling wants to help, they can comment here!
"I drink maple syrup. Then I'm hyper so I just run around like crazy and work it all off." ~Rachel McAdams
Maple_is_Syrup

Postby darthduck84 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 am

I can help you get some of the mobs.
darthduck84
Zesty

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Ok,cool! I was looking forward to the 1.9 update because there is a new horse! The skeleton trap horse! It might be difficult (like everything else) but it's super cool!
Also, thank you darth, I will need the help! But first, we need to find a chunk of land somewhere and plan out the build! We could do something similar to the Cube SMP (if you have seen it) but have it bigger with a section in the back for rare items. Or something like that.
And if anyone else wants to help with this project, please say something! I we want to do this, I'm going to need a lot more help! I think this is a great opportunity for all the Zedlings of the server to get together and do a big group project, where everyone can be involved!
Thank you, and remember, I need more helpers! Once I have those, we can start planning it out!
Maple_is_Syrup
Maple_is_Syrup

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 am

Alright! As of the council held on March 5th, the museum is approved! Again, I'm sorry that I could only talk for a few minutes. So, back to the museum! I have a medium sized spot near spawn, coords are . Although, I'm not sure it fits the size needed. If anyone wants to help scout out a new region for the build, keep in mind that the boime has to be a plains, and the terrain needs to be either flat or easily terraformed.
And, even though the council has approved it, it doesn't mean that we are doing the museum, as I will need a lot of help on this project. I will probably need 5 or 6 people on each team, the build team and the collection team (gathering mobs and items). Again, this is a minimum. More help will always be needed! And just another note, the majority of the building will need to be done before gathering of MOBS may commence, however, the gathering of items can begin as soon as the project is confirmed to start!
Now, to the project plan! So, for the build of the museum, I was thinking a mix of sandstone and endstone. The build team could be divided into 2 groups- the building group (for the main building) and the interior group, if that works. Or just one big build team. Whatever. Again, watch an episode on the Cube SMP about the museum, or simply search it up for reference! Now to the content of this puppy! This team will almost defiantly be divided into 2 groups, the mob group and the item group.
As far as the content of the museum goes, here is my mob list (just ideas, guys!)
Shulker, Wither, Pigmen, Gaurdian, Ghast, Magma Cube, Blaze, Endermite, All variants of JockiesAll variants of Zombie Villagers (you gotta admit, the new texture on them are awesome!), Moshrooms, Witch, Ocelot, Wolf, Skeleton Horse! (I'm soo stoked about this one!), Super Charged Creeper.
Don't be concerned about the number of mobs here, we can house most of the Nether mobs (excluding ghast and maybe wither skeleton) in a big Nether cage. If I forgot anything awesome, remind me!
Ok, here is the item list! (Still, just possibilities!)
Any types of OP books found in dungeons/mineshafts, an elytra, dragon egg (If we still are doing that), Dragon head (same deal), any OP bow found while fishing... umm, not much going for the items, but they aren't easy either! Still, I probably forgot a bunch of stuff... XP
This museum can be much more than a museum! We can also display some common Minecraft things, like armor stands between the cages with all the different full sets of armor, and in the back we could have a block of every ore, just simple stuff like that!
But before any of this can happen, I need volunteers! If you can contribute something or sign up for a team, please reply below! I need so many people to help, more that the 12 I said! So please, if you want to be part of something big on this server, please say something!
Maple_is_Syrup
Maple_is_Syrup

UPDATE!!!

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 am

NO I CHANGED MY MIND!
I will keep this mammoth of a post up here, but I have a new thing on General Discourse called "[Zz] Museum" where I posted the exact same thing.
So please sign up, comment and whatnot over there! Thanks!
Maple_is_Syrup
Maple_is_Syrup

Postby darthduck84 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:57 pm

are you still working on that? and do you still need help I will be trying to get on zurvial more often.
darthduck84
Zesty

Postby Maple_is_Syrup » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Yes! With the start of the summer I am kicking off the official recruitment of builders and donators ect. Also, this is not the main forum anymore. Please head over to General Discorse and go to [Zz] Museum. There will be more information there!
Maple_is_Syrup

Return to Suggestions/Requests