a little rant of the server

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

a little rant of the server

Postby blueumbreon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 pm

ok ever since i was banned, i found a new server and it seems to be better and now i think back to playing this server and i can't help but ask myself: why did i ever play on this server

i mean the land is fully destroyed in a way as it takes for ever to find a single tree that you can cut down. and when i decided i wanted to explore the land, i found so many empty buildings taking up space and looking through them i actually found out it's a team of a few players who refuse to use tools unless absolutely necessary. it's a damn cult.

and for the trespassing thing, you're saying i could have reported the user willyweb. he entered my house and i asked him to leave and he didn't and he threatened to kill me(even though this is a PvE server) why shouldn't he get banned.

as for spawn. i hate to say it but your building skills have let you down with this one. it looks like dog vomit. i'm not kidding look at it from the sky, i built up with dirt to see how it looked and it looked horrible.

and for the nether. normal minecraft let's you go to the wild nether instantly but this server has a full netherhub to traverse until you even find some netherrack.

and as for the community: it's not friendly in any way and you are not the best vanilla server. you aren't even the best server in general.

ok mental breakdown complete

as you can see, i am above you
blueumbreon

Minecraft IGN: blueumbreon

Re: a little rant of the server

Postby HOMINIX » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:36 am

Your bitterness is unbecoming. The simple fact is that you continued to treat other players with disrespect, and broke several rules along the way. That is your mistake and yours alone.

Any failure to report rule violations from other players is not Zed or LB's fault - again it's yours. You cannot expect people to get punished without letting the admins know what happened.

The LVS world is now over two years old. Some players have been active for over a year, and some even since the beginning. Many players come back to the server after months of not playing Minecraft to see that the world is still intact. A truly wonderful thing. Many players have worked month and months on single projects, some even a year or more. The vast majority of the active community wholeheartedly agrees with Zed's decision to not reset the world. The warp pads make it very easy for new players to find available land.

The main nether hub is at spawn for convenience sake. New players can access the nether, but will be sent back to spawn when they get near a nether hub. This is to protect players from newly joined grief-ers or thieves, which (if the number of daily bans is any indicator) is a pretty important function.

As for the community not being friendly - You know that's not true. Every new player is warmly welcomed onto the server. Players will go to spawn to help new players, or even give them food, armor or tools. We aren't so friendly to people who choose to harass and disrespect other players.

It's safe to say this outburst has hurt your chances of coming back, and most likely invalidated any previous "apologies" you have posted. I'm sorry to see you act this way. Hopefully some day you can understand what you did was wrong instead of blaming everyone else and throwing a temper tantrum.
Mayor of Savannah Springs
HOMINIX
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: HOMINIX

Postby blueumbreon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 am

lol i wasn't throwing a tantrum i was having a controlled mental breakdown. there is a difference. i have issues with this server but i still like it. everything has flaws. ;)

blueumbreon

Postby blueumbreon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:58 am

and the main problem is that there is a cult of players dedicated to building empty buildings.

and i'm not bitter. i'm savory.

blueumbreon

Postby Earthcow289 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 am

lol noob
Earthcow289

Minecraft IGN: EarthCow

Postby blueumbreon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 am

lol

blueumbreon

Postby SneakySkeleton » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:59 pm

I do feel as if you are over-exaggerating a few things here, blue.

:arrow: Empty Buildings
Empty buildings are completely fine to me, I see absolutely no harm with them at all, unless someone has built on already claimed land. Some players have such large scale projects that they have no intention of even filling in the houses/buildings. It is not a rule that you must furnish a house with a bed, flower pots, or whatever you may want a house to be filled with. As Hominix stated, this world has been going for a long time. (Since October 2013, near 1.7's release I think) The world has been going a long time, and with the server being pure vanilla, commands like /wilderness would break the vanilla aspect of the server. I would say exploring in Minecraft is one of the best things to do, I love trying to find Mesa biomes, or a nice spot to build in a Mega Taiga. You may not agree that exploring is fun, but everyone is allowed to have opinions!

:arrow: The Nether
The Nether Hub, as stated by Hominix, is simply for convenience's sake. If you really badly need netherrack, it is really not difficult to find it. Having been to your base before (I believe it was with you), I know your tunnel is (or was) made of pure netherrack. Complaining that you can't find netherrack is wrong, considering you had to only go through a portal to find it. Netherrack is almost the most abundant material in Minecraft. You only had to ask for some netherrack if you needed it.

:arrow: Spawn
As for spawn, your personal opinion is your own. Although I do think you didn't need to go as far as to say spawn looks like "dog vomit". This is similar to an issue a lot of other things have, such as YouTube. (I won't rant on about YouTube, don't worry) The dislike button is merely pointless, unless you explain in the comments why you don't like what you had seen. This can relate to this, you give no reasoning as to why, or what changes you would recommend making. Either way, I have no idea what plans Zed or Lady have for spawn, but the most I know is they are putting build-off competition winners in the blank areas.

:arrow: The Community
This community is by far the best public vanilla I have found yet, hence I have almost been on Zedwork for 2 years. If I didn't like Zedwork or the community, I would have left few days after I joined. This community is friendly in general, although you will always get new players coming on with bad intentions.They are swiftly banned. We are only human, we all make mistakes.

I'm glad you went on to state you like the server, but I do think this "rant" was a little too over-the-top. Everyone is allowed their own opinions on matters, although it is better to back statements up so the other person can get a better understanding of where you are coming from. :D

-SneakySkeleton ;)
P.S: Sorry for all of that writing xD
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Postby blueumbreon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm

wow sneaky you wrote a LOT :lol:

blueumbreon