[LVS] Prank Council Proposal

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Re: [LVS] Prank Council Proposal

Postby Dax23333 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:23 pm

I've been having a think about this, and I have thought of a method that would be good.
We have a forum post explaining the rules of pranking like Bengals first post up the top, and people reply to it saying whether they would like to be able to be pranked or not. If they decide they don't want to take part anymore they could edit thier post to say they don't want to anymore. To prank someone you should check they are on the list and have said they are ok with it. If not on the list, assume no. In addition, I would make a rule that counterpranks are ok regardless of the players position on the list, so that people can't prank then edit thier post and get no return prank.
Advantages:
This would be fairly secure, very if people connect thier minecraft accounts or whatever that thing is that shows our skins.
It would be updated quickly. No one person would have the responsibility of constantly editing the origional post with an up to date list. Even if they went entierly inactive the system wouldn't break.
Disadvantages:
Not everone uses the forums. I'm sure this could be overlooked though.
The topic could get long and hard to search though.

Any thoughts?
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Zedwick » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:18 pm

You could have two topics, one for stating your approval/disapproval of pranks in your areas, and a different topic to allow discussion of prank rules,recent pranks etc. The sign-up topic would allow only posts to opt in/out, and we would remove all other contributions (or move them over to the other topic).

The above should help keep it fairly easy to find if a player has posted, additionally there's a search box ^ at the top of the topic page you can use to search for a player's name.

Maybe recommend everyone posts a preset line:
I am [minecraftign] and I say [YES|NO] to being pranked
to help ensure clarity when scrolling down the page and best result when searching the topic with the above box
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby ThatNurd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:25 am

Forseth wrote:Sounds good Bengal. I personally do not like getting pranked and even less to prank someone else. So having a select group of people who can prank upon each other sounds fine to me.

A suggestion, or perhaps an idea, is that you can use the same contraption the Mindcrackers did on one of their earlier servers. In their case it was for pvp but it should work out for pranking as well. The contraption (If you haven't seen it before) uses items that cant be stacked. The items are named after each participant and put into the contraption. You then use the contraption to randomize a few participants, like two or three, that shows who may be pranked. Every so often, you use the contraption again and swap the old names for a few new names.
The advantages with this system are:
*Only a select few may be pranked at a time
*The players can check the contraption every now and again to see who is to be pranked, including the ones getting pranked.
*It will be easier for everyone to see who is pranked and who is griefed.
*The contraption is impartial so no privileges or bullying using the system.

Now there are some downsides to this as well, but its up to you if you want to use it or not.

Let me know if you want a link to a video with the contraption.

I don't like that idea, why should you limit who can be pranked at one time?
This whole pranking group is enough of a limit why add this aswell?
ThatNurd

Minecraft IGN: ThatNurd

Postby Earthcow289 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:02 am

please never prank me >_>

Moos
Earthcow289

Minecraft IGN: EarthCow

Postby darthduck84 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:09 am

You can do small pranks to me but be warn I got a certian skills, skills that I I will use heavy, I Will find you and I will prank you.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Previous

Return to Suggestions/Requests