A anti spam suggestion

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

A anti spam suggestion

Postby darthduck84 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 am

Well not to be mean but recently I seen new players come in and then start spamming the chat by asking for stuff. the only way I see to get ride of it is to report it on the site here and hope a mod gets on and sees it. Though that could take hours and sometimes days by then the spammers has spammed chat and left hours or days ago.

So a thought come in my head maybe if they spam the chat too many times, maybe a program that won't allow them to speak on chat for so long, and if they keep doing it then the longer they get time out on chats. I know, I know they proubley is a system in place that does it already but as I will post a pic I took of a spammer before he went and got himself banned for breaking a brick.

he did that for 8 minutes straight I am not complaining or saying he needs to be reported, cause he is already banned. I am just suggesting maybe a easier way to deal with that so that the mods don't have too waste time doing it, and it will save players the head act.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Re: A anti spam suggestion

Postby Zedwick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 am

Thanks for the suggestion. We already have a rate limiter in place to at least slow down spamming like that. I do plan to add a warning and detection for spam like that which would result in an auto-ban.

Sorry you occasionally have to experience that, a solution is on my todo list.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Re: A anti spam suggestion

Postby darthduck84 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 am

Zedwick wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. We already have a rate limiter in place to at least slow down spamming like that. I do plan to add a warning and detection for spam like that which would result in an auto-ban.

Sorry you occasionally have to experience that, a solution is on my todo list.

no proublem, my good sir, and thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion have a nice day.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Return to Suggestions/Requests