COUNCIL OF TOWNS! (COT)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Re: COUNCIL OF TOWNS! (COT)

Postby Skappy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:29 pm

ThatNurd wrote:Let's bee real here, if an idea isn't brought up by skappy it's never needed -_-

There have been plenty of ideas in the council I fully supported that were necessary and even in this post I didn't say things like community projects are a bad idea, just that it's not town specific and a planning group of individuals rather than townleaders would be better for that so that people not living in any town can participate too.
The only difference between people in a town and those living alone is that those in a town already work together in a community, if we want to work closer together it makes no sense to me to exclude the already excluded.
Skappy

Minecraft IGN: Skappy

Re: COUNCIL OF TOWNS! (COT)

Postby Etho » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Dear OPNOOB,

I see what you're trying to accomplish here by establishing a council for the towns. I just don't see how it would fit, I mean, the reasons of having a council, stated in your posts, "What i have in mind, are economical topics, builds, daily problems, and community projects. As i stated before, this is to unify more towns for the greater good." -OPNOOB 2015

Now, the topics such as economical topics, builds, daily problems, and community projects are all very good examples of things to discuss in these Council Meetings. Like Skappy said, " the topics OPNOOB raised sound more like something that can be solved between individuals and don't need any town representation (e.g. "hey, I need some stone, anyone have some?") and aren't town specific (community projects/ trading are also done by people not living in any community)." With that in mind, yes, the topics you've raised previously might seem like they can be solved between individuals and not in some big town representation. But certain things like trading with others, or daily problems can be solved without a giant discussion with the towns. Certain things such as community projects or community based builds/ideas seem like they'd need more attention, and it might need some permission, such as where it can be built, or if it's encroaching on someone's land.

I think that the towns should have a council, but I don't see it having much action, since a lot of people seem to be inactive a little bit recently, and some people might miss out and miss important discussions. The server has a council, and they arrange meetings, but it'd be cool to have a council to discuss crimes or problems within the communities that can inflict the members of the town, or community projects/builds. This is just my take on it.
Sincerely,
Zedling Member of Murica, Etho.
"May the Force be with you, always."
Etho

Minecraft IGN: Etho_

Previous

Return to Suggestions/Requests