Mob v.s. Player Arena Idea (LVS)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Mob v.s. Player Arena Idea (LVS)

Postby CurranFischer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 pm

So as I was on the server today (2/15/15) the all to common question came up about a duel. As this is a PvE server all PvP interaction is disabled. This is a wonderful thing but also is a disappointment to those of us who like to show off even in a game such as Minecraft.
My solution is a PvE arena, where players could fight against spawned mobs to show off or settle disputes. In the case of the latter perhaps there could be multiple fighting chambers that when activated, spawn the same mobs at the same time. This would allow players to fairly and "safely" fight as the one who lives longer would be the winner. This is just an idea and I know it would require mob spawners or eggs. Regardless I think it would be a creative and unique way to add a competitive aspect to a wonderful server.
I thank you for your time.
Curran Fischer
(curranfischer)

this would be for LVS by the way
Last edited by CurranFischer on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CurranFischer

Minecraft IGN: curranfischer

Re: Mob v.s. Player Arena Idea

Postby RYucuis » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 am

There is a way to do this without spawner or eggs. It can be done with a normal mob spawner and some good redstone engineering. Are you talking about doing this on ZZ or LVS?
RYucuis
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: RYucuis

Re: Mob v.s. Player Arena Idea (LVS)

Postby shadowhawk15 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:07 pm

i thought wanted to try to get every one on the server to try to save a little skulls at a time to do a 100 wither fight together
shadowhawk15

Minecraft IGN: shadowhawk15

Postby Dax23333 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't think this would be too hard to make. Find a dungeon, build a contraption around it to move mobs to a storage area and unleash them in vast waves on the competitors. Trouble is this would be a single mob type, only skeletons for example.
Probably not practical to hook up a regular mob farm to a containment chamber, the output rate is too slow for that. Plus storing mobs would lower rate of new spawns. Nether storage is also not an option, if someone leaves it on by accident, then goes to the nether... Very bad, don't do it!

Until someone builds one of these, you've got the spleef area or you could have lava bucket fights if you want.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Werble » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:04 am

I actually have plans to build an arena fitting your description.

I plan on using a combination of mob spawners-mainly cave spiders and zombies- and an artificial mob spawner i.e. mob farm. I'm going to use different methods to "sort" the mobs out. Like using villagers to send zombies down one path, scare creepers with cats, spiders and endermen have a height-difference and that leaves just skeletons. All these mobs will be held in reservoirs for a limited time to reduce lag. There'll be a timer to release them into a mob trap if they're not being used, otherwise they can be released to be fought. Using this system you'll be able to fight a customizable battle. Whether you wanna fight creepers, skeletons and spiders or just zombies.

Obviously, this is going to take a while, but keep an eye out for it. ;)
Werble

Minecraft IGN: Werble

Return to Suggestions/Requests