Server idea

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Server idea

Postby Bestflyingzombie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:33 am

You should make a 3 warning then a ban
Bestflyingzombie

Minecraft IGN: Bestflyingzombie

Re: Server idea

Postby Louis_Desrosiers » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 pm

The idea of three warnings equals a ban is great, however there are many downsides. People who care dearly for the server and understand their mistake often go to the ban appeals forum for they wish to come back, and those whom came to visit for some "smashingly good times" do not seem to care much and stay away. The admins are very understanding and do accept many, many...many appeals so those whom made a mistake do often come back. Playing out the three warnings rule people could never get how grateful they should be for staying on the server after the first, thus many may think they can get a "free pass" two times. This is only the minor issue as the big picture is revealed when you see many griefers and stealers come on and get to grief with great frequency, which by the way is a pain to repair from what I have heard. Though we stand united against the ones who represent chaos we should not consider giving them a chance to grief more than they do now.
In conclusion, I enjoy your idea and I see many pros but the cons outweigh the pros with spawn being in great danger and new comers who do not like the server's no grief could have moved on after they did not wish to appeal.
Sincerly,
Plague Doctor Louis Chirurgie (aka Empiric_Louis)
Louis_Desrosiers

Minecraft IGN: Louis_Desrosiers

Re: Server idea

Postby Treiskaideka » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm

I actually think, the current system is good.
For minor offences, there are actually warnings, as far as I experienced it, and the automatic bans enable a relatively grief- and spam-free environment, when the Guardians and Protectors cannot be online.

The Records of the Ban Hammer is a good alternative for people to make ammends, if they really are sorry (and polite about it) and ensures that only people who actually want to play get back on.

I see how accidents can happen easily and it may be annoying, but ultimately it serves the community more that it hurts it.

Personally, I usually play on Zurvival and the system is good to ban trolls, griefers and thiefs efficently, eventho one could argue that the rule books could be more specific on some issues. (but the signs on spawn are really telling)

I don't have that much experience on how things are handled in LVS. Maybe more use of the prison instead of instant ban could be an alternative. Or one warning in an automatic but limited jailtime on stuff like breaking one item at spawn, which can be an accident (for example the pictures ect)

But in the end, it is Zed's decision if he thinks of any changes.

Maybe you should elaborate your point and explain your reasons, why you think, that something should be changed, Bestflyingzombie.

Personally, I'd only appreaciate it if ban appeals, which are declined would have a sentence or two about why they are declined. It may help other people who make appeals, to understand what they did wrong, when they can learn from other's mistakes. (I may or may not read the Ban Hammer for enjoyment ;D )
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Return to Suggestions/Requests