[LVS] Shop Town?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[LVS] Shop Town?

Postby naepanda » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:58 pm

I have been told that the shops in the end are to be moved, so I think we should make a warp to a place where there are paths to multiple shops and there is always room for more, that way everything someone may need is in one place
Please vote for shop town at this strawpoll
http://strawpoll.me/3427719
naepanda

Minecraft IGN: naepanda

Re: [LVS] Shop Town?

Postby ProducerDanny » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:01 pm

More Warps = More Command Blocks = More Lag. Plus, we have this already!
The Market and the Tower of Trades in the Spawn does this :)
ProducerDanny

Minecraft IGN: ProducerDanny

Postby naepanda » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 am

But no one really uses them, and I was thinking that everyone could build their own shops and not just have chests to claim
naepanda

Minecraft IGN: naepanda

Postby Memery » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

As has been discussed many times, the market is always going to be the best place for this. Huge changes are happening and people should be getting behind them. However, people will go to where is convenient. I know there is a shop very close to the forest hills warp which is very popular. If people have goods to sell, perhaps they should open a small shop near other players? More warps is never going to be a good idea. The ones we have aren't very "Vanilla" as it is.
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Louis_Desrosiers » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Shop Town, already done?

The question if we should add a shop town is questionable as the shops near the 1.8 warp, as Memery tells, are fine as they are. I agree that we have a shopping district already in reach of the 1.8 warp, however I am not satisfied! The shops make the place feel cluttered and many people who want shops near there may not be able to due to the limited amount of space and because of this I propose that we build a huge town with shops. The town will be connected to the railways being built that many people have used to get to there homes, and if those whom use it to go home will more than likely use it to go shopping thus improving income. Along with more shoppers because of location there is a more important issue that has not been brought up as much; distance. I myself know much of this issue as I live on an island in the middle of nowhere and a railway near shore to a shopping town where I can sell stuff I have and buy stuff I do not have and want would greatly help me and those who have similar problems from being far from spawn.

To conclude the thought of a shop town is in place but needs revamped, removed, and rerailed for further use by new people who wish to stay connected with the rails along with space for those whom do not wish to have such small shops that currently clutter the space of the 1.8 warp.

Yours Truly,
Louis Chirurgie (owen99999)
Louis_Desrosiers

Minecraft IGN: Louis_Desrosiers

Postby __Laurens__ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Of course everyone is allowed to make there own markets etc., but as you said yourself: combining them all in one place is very efficient. I suggest you check out the market North east of spawn. The tower of trades is used by quite a lot of people. The function of the ToT is now transferred to new categorised shops. (Check out my other topic on this).
Zed protected the market and only Zedlings can enter.

If you have suggestions for the Matket they are very welcome. (please post them in the other topic as I dont look here often).
__Laurens__

Minecraft IGN: __Laurens__

Return to Suggestions/Requests