Just a thought (warps and grief protection)

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Just a thought (warps and grief protection)

Postby Louis_Desrosiers » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:56 am

Now I'm not big with command blocks or anything like that, but I had an idea in game...and I shall explain this quite weirdly!

Command block : Detect Players who say [/warp spawn] and teleport said player to [chords]
Player : Types in [/warp spawn]

Again I'm not good at command blocks so will probably confuse some people, I know I confused myself xD
Another command would be something I had in mind for grief protection...

Command block : Detect players within a certain perimeter of a home [/setgamemode adventure] exception [username]
Note : username is the person who owns the home.

Questions I thought of...and possible answers :
But who would place these blocks?
Well the admin would have to place these blocks for players and put up a request to protect a home would be made.
And why take time out of the admin's day to do this?
Taking time to ensure the safety of players from grief is most acceptable by all, except griefers. Players would feel safer
and be ensured the safety of their items. Also this adds time to mods because of the amount of griefers they have to deal
with, can't deal with a griefer when they can't grief.
But anyone could just get the command block and mess with it!
Yes, unless the admin were to place the command block with the center or outside of a home in bedrock so no one but
the admin could touch it.
And who would configure all of this?
Well if there is someone out there in the community who could help figure out the general formatting that would be
appreciative (even if it includes telling me it's impossible). Otherwise I'd take time to look up how to do this all to ensure
that players no longer have to live miles from spawn in FEAR
Sincerly,
Plague Doctor Louis Chirurgie (aka Empiric_Louis)
Louis_Desrosiers

Minecraft IGN: Louis_Desrosiers

Re: Just a thought (warps and grief protection)

Postby LadyBountiful » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:06 am

We have two servers. This server LVS (Latest Version Server) is about surviving without extra help, but by the aid of the community. There is no /spawn or /home, because that interferes with life on the server. There are community warps, a community hub and tunnels in the nether for players to get around. We update as soon as a new version is released, so it is currently on 1.8.1.

Our other server is on 1.7.4 is called Zurvival. On there you can /home, move around by the use of region posts, securely claim your build, etc.
LadyBountiful
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: LadyBountiful

Re: Just a thought (warps and grief protection)

Postby Louis_Desrosiers » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm talking about LVS with the grief protection.
Sincerly,
Plague Doctor Louis Chirurgie (aka Empiric_Louis)
Louis_Desrosiers

Minecraft IGN: Louis_Desrosiers

Return to Suggestions/Requests