Server Icon?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Server Icon?

Postby TheTadster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 am

If you haven't already noticed, in some recent updates they added a feature to minecraft where you can put an icon next to your server in the multiplayer menu. The image can be up to 64x64 and it should be named "server-icon.png" Anyone interested in taking on creating an icon for the server?
TheTadster

Minecraft IGN: Rad_Tad

Re: Server Icon?

Postby Treiskaideka » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:01 pm

Well, LVS has one so why not make it in another color for Zurvival?
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Postby dnishimura » Sun May 11, 2014 3:02 am

How about this one?
dnishimura

Minecraft IGN: Mnishimura

Postby Zedwick » Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 pm

The one for LVS is, eh. I made it, and I am poor artist. I welcome submissions, will use whichever the community likes best :)

Dnishimura, that icon looks kinda cool, but I feel it would be more appropriate for a pvp-esque server.
I think we should opt for colourful, friendly imagery.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Treiskaideka » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 pm

So,Lance_Brightside, lateoclock and me thought about this and we created something:

At first I tried to make a symbol out of the one we have on the lobby above the Zurvival entrance:

then late took this concept and created a flag (the even background in favor of more contrast) :

Then I simply adapted this to the 64x64 format that is used for server symbols, which adds an invisible stripe above and under it:

I think it fits the " colourful, friendly imagery" and with its simplicity fits better to the existing LVS icon.
I like that it is based on something already existing, which was created on the server.

It is a suggestion and I'd like to hear what you, Zedwick (and of course all the others) think about it!
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 pm

I like it, especially as the colour palette closely resembles the colours used in the default textures.

To make the first idea work, avoiding the lack of contrast with the background, I'd suggest moving the pickaxes out to the sides a little leaving the background behind the Z clear. I am entirely happy with your final design, though.

Here's how it looks in the server list, just ignore that little name there...
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby lateoclock » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:33 pm

I think it looks great in the list, too. The idea behind the icon there was for it to be a server flag, however, so if there are any changes you'd like to see for adapting it better to the icon format I'd be happy to oblige.
lateoclock
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: lateoclock

Postby Treiskaideka » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Idk why, but I only see the first one with the weird numbers in green (and without the default pic, just none pic.)
Maybe I forgot to say that it originally was thought to be for Zurvival? (as I thought the whole thread was)
and you cannot log into the lobby with the information on the site here (I imagine the server with the pic is the lobby?)

btw, the weird numbers have been since the movement in Feburary, I think, but I am not sure

EDIT: Yeha it was a server flag but Zurvival lacks any kind of icon and I thought it would be nice to have something.
maybe we could try to build the flag in the ocean to have it on a map ^^
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:57 pm

I added the icon to my Snapshot test server, just to show how it'd look in the list. So that's a screenshot from the latest snapshot, might look a little different to 1.7.x.

It can be added to Zurvival, hopefully we can get an alternative icon for LVS too :)
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Treiskaideka » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm

ah, okay, that clears things up ^^
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Next