Titles based on how long they have been on the server

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Titles based on how long they have been on the server

Postby dogman410 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:02 am

Could you make titles for how long you have been using the server, or how long you have been playing minecraft.
This would make it so newcomers know who to ask for help, and so people know who is new to the server also.

-Titles could include things like;
+infant
+newcomer
+freshman
+junior
+youngish
+student
+minor
+teen
+adult
+veteran
+elderly
+old person
+Grandpa/Grandma
+ancient
+legend
+myth

These are not in order, but are just suggestions, with infant as just started and myth as someone who has been on as long as you.
this would be fun to have, because then people would know how long people have been on the server.
dogman410

Re: Titles based on how long they have been on the server

Postby AwsomeG2 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:38 am

Zed has told me he would like to keep the titles with the Z kinda theme to them like they have all been so far.
Personally I don't know if I like the idea of seniority gets different titles. It's supposed to be everyone is looked as equal
AwsomeG2
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: AwsomeG2

Postby dogman410 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 am

ok
dogman410

Postby Zedwick » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:48 pm

I see your point of knowing who to ask for help. The Zedling title at-least shows they have not just that minute joined, in most cases. An idea might be for temporary titles be assigned to players who are usually helpful, or would like to offer to take up the role of newbie helper for a little while. Sometimes helping out new players can be a very time-demanding task, which is why I would suggest only designating them as helpers for a short while; so they get a chance to actually play ;)

Something I'll have to think about. I'm wary of adding in too many titles, as it can just make things confusing for new players who are not familiar with them.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby iambroitisme » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 pm

i know this is probably an old thread, but i have a suggestion:
guardians and protectors are not always online, so maybe there could be another form of helper? they could be called watch-guards they would be in between a protector and a regular player.
iambroitisme
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: iambroitisme

Postby AwsomeG2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm

iambroitisme wrote:i know this is probably an old thread.

Fri Nov 09, 2012

Helpers as in Trusted members of the community to ask for help? Sounds good to me
AwsomeG2
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: AwsomeG2

Postby iambroitisme » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

AwsomeG2 wrote:
iambroitisme wrote:i know this is probably an old thread.

Fri Nov 09, 2012

Helpers as in Trusted members of the community to ask for help? Sounds good to me

yeah like that
iambroitisme
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: iambroitisme

Postby GoldyBee » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Thing is, that's what protectors are for really, to be there when a guardian isn't to help and keep the peace. It's rare for one of us not to be on, as I am usually on every day for a good few hours all through the day myself and I stick around if I don't see any other protectors or guardians on. I do like the idea of helpers however, to greet the new players and inform them of the rules in the hands. (since some need to be told what's in front of them it seems)
Anyways, a title for someone who's been on the server for 3 months (Zadult?) and 6 months (Zedlite?) does sound interesting. I do believe new titles was talked about before... Gonna run back and grab a link to that in a sec. ^_^

Edit: found the link~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=257

Should help if ye look over the past thoughts of the players and take them into consideration as well.
GoldyBee

Minecraft IGN: GoldyBee

Return to Suggestions/Requests