[LVS] Spawn area (3rd October 2020 Zedling council)

[LVS] Spawn area (3rd October 2020 Zedling council)

Postby Neytan269 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:46 pm

We all agree that spawn area of the Zedwork LVS sever is not used for living anymore. LVS Spawn is now a place where new players spawn and if they not start griefing all these poor glass and glass panels, they really get very good impression on Spawn look. Within all these years of server existing, many, many beautiful builds were built and still standing today as a crown jewels.

:arrow: 1. Abandoned and unfinished buildings

Unfortunately, with all these beautiful builds, there are few sore in eye builds that aren’t finished, or just abandoned and griefed. I was thinking to offer and restorations of ‘ugly’ buildings, but when I had more time to think about it, I can say that these buildings are not ugly if you look their historical value to the server. These buildings are maybe not so good looking for the eye, but they have their inner beauty, which speaks it’s stories about past.
Now, we have just unfinished buildings and buildings who has few blocks and glass missing. We will reference them as abandoned buildings in future context. Solutions here are very easy: Unfinished buildings can be finished with original look in mind, and abandoned buildings can be restored into past glory. I must remind you, if this idea becomes a reality, restoring abandoned buildings are not things of our creativity. We are not builders of the building, we are just repairing the damage done. Unfortunately, not every single build can be repaired. Some of them are very damaged, that the only solution would be to remove few remaining blocks.

:arrow: 2. Missing blocks

With abandoned builds covered, for missing blocks I would add just few more things. I noticed while touring a spawn to prepare for this statement of these topics that are quite a few areas with missing blocks on the ground or trees. If it’s allowed, I would encourage everyone who pass near damaged ground or tree, and has needed materials, to quickly repair it, so it can be nicely looking.

:arrow: 3. Unlit places

Also while touring spawn, I had few creeper rains from some of the roofs, and Sneaky Skeletons shooting me behind the trees. So, I just wanted to propose to spawnproof or light those areas, so players feel much safer and avoids potential hearth attacks. And minecraft deaths.

:arrow: 4. Reserved spaces by our Lady B

Probably few of you have seen few places which are protected and reserved by Lady Bountiful, so other players do not build around. Some of them even I remember as IProBlanchard. I don’t know is there anything planned, so I wanted to get this opportunity and suggest few things if I’m allowed.
Ideas will be proposed on meeting, so come there to see the ideas

:arrow: 5. Random oneblock bridges and railways

These are not officially part of the spawn, but they’re visible from the spawn. There are few of them that now have no purpose next to Nether Hub and elytras. Since they have no purpose now and are not really beautiful to the eyes, I would suggest to remove them, and by this way, I ask the Guardian’s permission to remove it. All the grass/cobble and rails would go to the Community Storage, so it can be used on other community projects.
Warp X Mayor
Neytan269

Minecraft IGN: Neytan269

Return to General Discourse