[Minigames] Dungeon Dash Article

[Minigames] Dungeon Dash Article

Postby ABParadigm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Dungeon Dash, a dungeon crawler minigame create by Dax23333, is a game that will test your skill in intense PvE combat. A procedurally generated minigame, no run is exactly the same as the last. With variations between enemies and rooms, you will always be exploring the unknown. At the end of each run you will face a boss, which may differ from past runs.

Dungeon Dash has various classes you can run the dungeon as, with unique abilites to benefit each class. The dungeon can be fought with up to four players, but only the most courageous should attempt it alone. The dungeon holds many loot chests, some containing valuable items from padded armor to speed enhancing weapons

Shortly after a successful run of the dungeon, besting the difficult boss known as Ripper, a friend and I decided we wanted to challenge the dungeon with just the two of us. Entering as the hunter class, and my friend as berserker, we quickly realized how challenging the dungeon would be. With my friend charging in with all his weapons, I realized how useful it may be to strategically back off and target the enemies with my special arrows to draw fire and allow him to quickly deal with incoming enemies with minimal damage.

After we dealt with the deadly guardians, the cult of undeath came at us with all the strength they could muster. Before long, the battles got increasingly tougher, and in little time we came across the evoker, flanked by poison wielding witches and heavily armored skeletons. When defeated, the evoker would drop the totem of undying to help us escape death if we required it.

We later found ourselves in front of the devastating horsemen, who were able to defeat my friend before they were ultimately bested. After being defeated, my friend was met with a land known as limbo. Unable to find the portal back to the living realm, a relic from the past capable of resurrecting the fallen was able to bring my friend back to life. This allowed us to face the arch boss known as Apophis. This boss is known for his thick skin and devastating magic projectiles, as well as an area of effect cloud to hinder incoming attacks; far different from the quick and explosive Ripper of the previous run. Deep in dire straits, we struck Apophis using all the arrows we had in our arsenal. Eventually we rallied, and defeated the opponent at the pinnacle of the dungeon. We had won, and wondered what was next.

Indeed, the next thing to do is to share the dungeon with all the individuals that can triumph, just like our team of two! Can you celebrate your victory with us?

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Return to General Discourse