44%
BillTheAlbatross
28%
Haztec
28%

Total votes : 18

[LVS] Warp X Mayoral Voting!

Postby Spectatre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Following the round of endorsements at the August 12th council meeting, we have three candidates for Warp X who received the required amount of endorsements. Cast your votes here for who you want to run this new Warp! Results will be announced at the next council meeting.

The three candidates campaign pitches are below:

Aravero wrote:IGN: Aravero

I want to run for mayor of Warp X. I think it might be great fun to be in on this from the beginning.

Why I am good for the job:
I don't think I would be good, that's why it's taken me so long to do this. I'm concerned I'm not playing at the right time of day to coordinate with blues, and I've seen how much time and energy people put into warp towns, and to be perfectly frank, it's frightening. Plus, I have this idea that I don't play well with others. I can't say I've got any experience running a town, or helping with community projects. All I've ever done in that way was carry supplies for the border tunnels. Having said that, this might be an opportunity to try these things.

I also don't really have any ideas for town activities and amenities. I feel like we need a warp for zookies who are looking for "the wilderness", so I propose a very minimal theme, like the wide spot in the road where there's the only inn between two distant cities. What's there could just be the product of those who travel through and end up staying in the area?

I'm not going to propose a name, as I haven't seen the site, and there might be something there that would trigger a name.

Haztec wrote:IGN: Haztec

Why I would be good for the job:
I am an active player on LVS and have been playing on this server alone for years and have since managed to build up 850+ hours on this server. I have helped and put a lot of time into many community projects in the past such as the border tunnels and have been a council member since late 2015. I have many ideas for the project that I would like to put into effect and would like to use mine and others on the council or people who just play here to make this new warp town a great success. I have had experience with running large scale projects in the past and didn't give up. I will keep improving the warp even after it is finished to make it a better place for all zedlings. I am willing to put in many, many hours of time and effort into this warp like I have put into community projects in the past. I am happy for others to help me make this town, so we can create the town we want as a community, not one that a single person wants.

I think we should think of the name after we have seen the site and seen the characteristics of the town.

SwayLight wrote:IGN: BillTheAlbatross

Why I'm good for the job: There are only a few main reasons I believe that I would be a great mayor for the newly announced warp, the first reason is my experience on the server, I have been playing the server for a number of years, in that time I've racked up around 1400+ hours and have always been a positive person on the server, I've tried my best to help others and keep people happy and like they're welcome to server. Obviously we're all human and I've had a few little spats with people but I have learned from these experiences and they have bettered me. The second reason would be that while I'm not the most active builder, when it comes to community stuff, I like to be involved and hands on with things, helping with the renovation of the end shops as well as being the main project leader for the last two Halloween events, I believe this experience would help me to create an active and amazing warp for people to enjoy.

A name I suggest to use: While I would love to use the name "Albatross Town", I get the feeling that might not be welcome.

After giving it some thought, potentially something like Zookie Town would do nicely, that or Newcomer Village
Spectatre
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Spectatre

Return to General Discourse