[LVS] Sneaky's Darkroom Mob Arena

[LVS] Sneaky's Darkroom Mob Arena

Postby SneakySkeleton » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Hello!

Recently, I have (sort of secret, but not) been working on a project - a large mob arena. It is now available for public use! :D

This darkroom arena is a 300x100x6 room with redstone lamps in the floor, and with a central control room, to toggle the darkroom on/off. As Minecraft does have lighting issues every so often, I have implemented (only one half so far) a fix for those issues, so the arena is more effective. This arena gives quite reliable spawns, especially when less are on at the time. The size of the room means that many people could be using it at once, increasing spawns in the area too. There is currently no entry fee, as it isn't entirely finished. There are beacons in the arena, covering the whole area. (Strength 2, Speed 2, Jump Boost 2 - do not change these effects please!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you may have some questions... This may answer them!

Q. Sneaky, how do I get there?

:arrow: My tunnel is in either the Brown/Blue wing of the main hub, or can be accessed from the West Border tunnel. Once you have entered my tunnel, follow the signs to "Sneaky's Forest Base/Main Base". You should quite easily find my portal, it has my banners on it, and is labeled as my main base. Once you have gone through the portal, go up the ladder, and the wall should have signs directing you to the 4 sections of my base. Go down the Blue wing (Packed Ice), and follow the hallway down until you find a stairway with a different set of skull banners at the entrance. Follow the stairs down, and turn right towards a portal. There should be a hole in the floor with slime blocks at the bottom, this takes you down to the control room. Now you are there! (Ask me/another player who knows where they are going if you get lost)
:!: The slime with obsidian and a button is how you get back up - launch up to the trapdoor, and jump up (you have Jump Boost 2)

Q. How does it all work? What do these 4 levers do?

:arrow: Each lever controls a quarter of the lights in the arena. As labeled on the levels, UP = OFF, and DOWN = ON. You will most likely encounter lighting issues at the far end of the arena. Currently, only one half is fixable, but the other half will be done as soon as I have time. To fix this (only while the lights are off), go to the far end of the hall, where you should find a button on a block of obsidian. Press it, and some of the lights will come on, and quickly turn off again. This should have fixed the issue - if not, it shouldn't be a big deal, but please tell me if this happens.

Q. I passed some farms whilst finding this place, can I take from them?

:arrow: Please do not take anything from my farms, unless it is CLEARLY STATED that you can. I am going to add public farms to the perimeter of the arena eventually, but that is not the highest of my priorities.

Q. Can I use the skeleton farm in Quarter 2?

:arrow: Yes, you can use this, but no fiddling with my redstone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has more questions, either ask me in-game, or on this post. Also, please leave any suggestions on this post, and inform me if anything is broken...
I will update this post when any changes are made. I will also add further instructions/rules on signs, so please read those once they are placed!

-SneakySkeleton
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Return to General Discourse