Crypt Wars Changelog

Here is where you can follow all the improvements made to Zedwork!

Crypt Wars Changelog

Postby Dax23333 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Zedwork is getting a new zestygame! (note: time period not specified. It's done when it's done.)

I have been developing the minigame Crypt Wars for some time now, and it is in a Beta stage, and will be tested again tonight! Hopefully it will work properly and no game breaking errors are present.
The game is a capture the flag team pvp game with pve elements!

In this topic I will post changes to the game for each version that is uploaded.

Version uploaded on 2016/04/02:
Changes:
-Improved respawn mechanism. Should be more reliable now, and not spawn you in with no items.
-Changed to waves of respawn every 8 seconds rather than instant in an attempt to stop some of the stalemate situations at the end of the game.
-Nerfed mobs. In previous version the dungeon was overwhelmed with mobs fairly quickly. I have adjusted the spawners to be slower and have a lower cap at the end.
-Added better instructions for new players. Players now spawn at the end of a corridor and must walk past the rules to get to the main lobby. This should help remove some of the confusion in previos versions.
-Added item killer to remove useless items that have been dropped including default gear and some mob drops. This will help with fps drops in game due to very large numbers of entities.
-Rebalanced Magicians Snowball. It now spawns lots of killer bunnies not three because they were found to be really easy mobs.
-Fixed Levitation Mine. It will now work correctly if you have a full inventory when you pick it up, whereas previously it would not give you the correct item.

A test of this latest version will be happening tonight (2nd of April), and all are welcome to come along and give feedback. Players input is very valuable, as I want the game to be as fun and fair as possible. Informing me of balance issues, lag and possible gameplay improvements will be very helpful and I will much appreciate it.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Re: Crypt Wars Changelog

Postby Treiskaideka » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Just now, after the 4th Zedkins, I was trying to participate in your game, but I couldnt join the server. Every time I tried, it brought me into the lobby :/
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Postby Zedwick » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Treiskaideka wrote:Just now, after the 4th Zedkins, I was trying to participate in your game, but I couldnt join the server. Every time I tried, it brought me into the lobby :/

Ah, sorry Treis. I assume you're using 1.9, but CryptWars is only compatible with 1.9.2 clients as it runs the vanilla 1.9.2 server.

I'll try to make sure you're informed of this issue in future when you fail to connect to a server.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Dax23333 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Crypt Wars version 12 is done.

Features:
-Sounds on important game events such as when flag is picked up by a player, when flag enters capture area or when flag is destroyed and its position reset.
-Item killer to remove standard items dropped in game on death, such as carrots and chain armour. This is an attempt to reduce lag and inventory clutter.

Changes:
-Improved layout of introduction building, it is now wiggly with information on the bends so people look at it in the way past.
-Nerfed Magicians Snowball slightly, now spawns 6 killer bunnies rather than 8.
-Changed respawn timer to 12 seconds.
-Added fancy coloured text on spectator announcement.
-Server is now set on normal difficulty, cave spider venom is back as intended.

Fixes:
-Fixed team specific Levitation Mine not being given out.
-Fixed Levitation Mine pick-up is placeable, resulting in spawning a named bat.
-Fixed chat spam when game finishes.
-Fixed flag getting stuck in mid air.
-Attempted fix of re-spawning without items (again). Needs testing.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Crypt Wars version 13 is done, after a long wait due to real life busyness.

Features:
-Updated to minecraft 1.9.4
-Settings room where varios parameters of the game can be changed. These include toggles for loot and mobs, as well as adjustable capture time and treasure item spawn frequency. This should let us find a good balance with gameplay to make the game more fun.
-Occasional chat message to spectator players to remind them to go to the centre of the lobby to leave spectator mode.

Changes:
-Game ending now sends everyone back to the lobby rather than leaving them drifing in spectator mode until they go there themselves.
-Tweaked map layout to remove choke points in the tower and so help prevent ladder camping. Don't get lost!

Fixes:
-Fixed exploit with Magicans Snowball where killer bunnies were able to be placed inside a teams spawn bubble.
-Attempted to reduce lighting updates and hence lag by putting glowstone around redstone in the map workings.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Version 14 has arrived. This is mostly a bugfix update.

Features:
-Water drop down from spawn tower and removed access to it from down below. This is to prevent spawn camping.

Changes:
-Small changes to spawner and loot chest layout.

Fixes:
-Attempted to fix respawn (again). You should now not ever respawn before being given equipment.
-Repaired map changes done in last update, including an unfinished ladder with a loot chest at the top and a skull enabling climbing off the tower.
-Fixed capture time setting not adjusting the time the game resets it to after the flag leaves a teams area.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Version 15. Speedy fix for version 14, which was quite broken.

Features:
-Fancy text on more things.

Fixes:
-Removed test command blocks accidentally left in the arena.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Version 16 is up.

Features:
-Completly redid loot chest system. Loot quality now ramps up throughout the game. Quality increases with time, as well as player deaths and the flag entering a capture area.
-Default swords and bows are now removed by the item killer so your inventory won't be cluttered with them. They also have silly names now.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Version 17.

Features:
Added huge on screen messages for flag pickup and when a team starts/stops capturing. Now you have no excuce to miss them! The chat messages are still there as they are persistant, while the announcments dissapear after a short time.

Changes:
-Buffed Exterminator Bow to 5 shots rather than 3. It has become less powerful than intended since armor toughness was added.

Fixes:
-Loot chests no longer change/dissapear when you are close to them, preventing chest shifts taking amazing gear from right in front of you.
-Guiding particles for the flag carrier turn off when they are in the capture area. Note that if they are behind it they will point away, this may be changed in a future update. They were mostly meant to show you which door to go out of in the tower.
-Fiddled with the respawn system a bit more in an attempt to fix it.
-Fixed incorrect messages in respawn bubbles, now correctly reads 'Spawn wave incoming...' when not in the countdown rather than 'Spawn in 1'.
-Marker armor stands have been moved down a lot now so that they do not interrupt chest opening.
Dax23333
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Version 18.

Features:
-Added fireball artillery to the top of the side towers of the bases. Those trees make the shot tricky, but what if the enemy found thier way into the tower?

Fixes:
-Fix for players first spawning in the lobby when the game starts.
-Fixed announcement messages overflowing the screen on 'auto' gui scale.
Dax23333
Zriend

Next

Return to Changelogs