[Zz] Zurvival Changelog

Here is where you can follow all the improvements made to Zedwork!

Re: [Zz] Updated to 1.8

Postby Zedwick » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Are pistons blocked from working in the nether? They should not be, as claiming is completely disabled in that world.

I will investigate! Sorry.

EDIT: Pistons do work in the nether. Sorry, I should have made that point clear in my post when discussing this, I assume my wording caused you to believe they would not work.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby RYucuis » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:51 pm

I have not been on to see if they work in the nether. I was was going off the original wording and the assumption that rules (arguments) set on the server were server wide. I didn't realize they could be set for one dimension and not others. Thank you for clarifying. And I apologize if my post came off bad, I hot really upset really quickly when I read that.
RYucuis
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: RYucuis

Postby Zedwick » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:13 pm

That's fine. I understand how much time and effort goes into building on Zedwork and how upsetting it would be to suddenly have that taken from you. It's something I am committed to with Zedwork; never wipe the world, do my best to avoid wiping old builds (despite players not logging in for over a year), prevent grief where possible. I feel that has been Zurvival's unique selling point for a lot of players, so would do my very best to avoid breaking that trust.

Sorry for my poorly chosen wording, will do my best to explain any changes in more depth in future so you can all be sure exactly how they would affect you.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Sun May 24, 2015 10:15 am

Just updated a few things on Zurvival, changelog below:

• General performance fixes.
Claims
  • /ClaimExplosions override the sea level protections now.
  • Dragon eggs now require build permission to teleport (left or right click).
  • To combat using bots (or multiple accounts in general) to fill the server's slots so honest players can't connect, there's now a limit to how many players can connect at the same time using the same IP address. There are exceptions for players who have exhibited "human" behavior.
  • Players offline for up to 90 days are now targetable with slash commands related to claims (was 30 days)
Regions
  • UUID migration for regions. When you log in, you'll get new uuid-based player data files. If you haven't changed your name yet, your old data will hop over into the new file. Otherwise if you've already changed names, it will try to guess your home regions using first your bed spawn location if you have one, or your current location. It's not perfect, but it will work well for most cases.
  • Monsters with nametags or player gear won't be removed when players teleport in or respawn nearby.
  • Major performance update for regions. The slash commands are now much faster, behind the scenes the newestregion scans are more performant.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:07 pm

New changes to Zurvival:

• Tweaked chat spam-block to be less aggressive
  • Removed spam-login restriction; you no longer have to wait 60 seconds to re-join again after leaving
  • you need /accesstrust in order to be able to use the /movein command, same as /sethome command
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 pm

New changes to Zurvival:

Claims:
  • Squids are now protected in land claims
  • Land claims now automatically extend down to the lowest point of a pre-built player structure when created, not just when a player builds/mines down after creation.
BannerMaker:
  • Zesty Subscribers may now design banners in-game using a new GUI.
  • GUI provides a point and click selection of patterns and colours.
  • Zesty Subscribers can store multiple banner designs, and view step by step recipes for crafting them.
  • Open the GUI with /bannermaker
Mob Drops:
  • Ghasts will drop glowstone dust, to provide a renewable source of glowstone to allow all players a fair chance at finding some for their effort and time spent in The Nether.
  • Zombie Pigmen will drop Nether Stalk in fortresses, to provide a renewable source of nether wart to allow all players a fair chance at finding some after others have already cleared out a fortress.
New Joins:
  • New players who join at night will be given wooden sword, torches, wooden axe and bread to help them survive in this harsh darkened world.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 am

Just a couple of changes for Zesty Subscribers:
  • Zesty subscribers may now use /me
  • Zesty Subscribers have access to a new method to deposit items into chests by shift+right click. This will deposit only items already present inside the chest from your inventory and hotbar.
Also, It's Halloween time:
  • Spookiness
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Goodbye Halloween, hello new features!

Trees learn Gravity:
  • Logs in trees have finally learnt about gravity!
  • No more floating tree top eyesores, as all trees will fall down into reach as they are chopped!
  • Player-placed logs soon forget all about gravity, and will not fall.
Crafting:
  • Zesty Subscribers now have access to a new, easy to use crafting interface.
  • No more looking up crafting recipes on websites whilst you play!
  • See only the items you can craft with the ingredients in your inventory!
  • Use /fc toggle or /fastcraft toggle to enable the new interface.
  • With the new interface enabled, use any crafting table to bring it up!
Halloween:
  • Not so spooky anymore.

One of these features may be quite a big change, I am very interested to hear your opinions; both good and bad please! Please discuss here. I would like to trial it over the next week.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby The1Shaw » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 pm

The falling tree wood is cool and damn easy to take down a forest now, I can't thank you enough for the easy crafting tool, it works great (it reminds me of my Xbox MC days).
We're waiting for the asteroid field and jet packs you mentioned, if you can find a way to make that happen. Might be asking a lot tho.
thanks again Zed.
The1Shaw

Minecraft IGN: The1Shaw

Postby Zedwick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:54 pm

The1Shaw wrote:The falling tree wood is cool and damn easy to take down a forest now, I can't thank you enough for the easy crafting tool, it works great (it reminds me of my Xbox MC days).
We're waiting for the asteroid field and jet packs you mentioned, if you can find a way to make that happen. Might be asking a lot tho.
thanks again Zed.

xD The asteroid field and jetpacks won't be a thing any time soon, that's for a future server idea mostly.

It's worth mentioning that the falling trees which you might expect to work just like sand/gravel in that they'd break when falling on torches will not actually drop as items when doing this, as that would be entirely way too cheaty. You will just lose those blocks if you try this, however that could still be useful if your intention is to just clear land of the trees.
Zedwick
Guardian

PreviousNext

Return to Changelogs