[Zz] Zurvival Changelog

Here is where you can follow all the improvements made to Zedwork!

Re: [Zz] Zurvival Maintenance

Postby Zedwick » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Zurvival on 1.8.1!

Zurvival is now (mostly) restored and working in 1.8, functioning with name changes!

Have encountered an issue with homes, some seem to be corrupted when transitioning to UUIDs. A simple /sethome will set a new one, and all will be well! Sorry for the inconvenience there.

Shops are disabled, and unlikely to return in their previous form. To help in this time post-shops, I have added a new trading system! To use it, you need to be standing within 10 blocks of a player and enter /trade playername, the other player would then enter /trade accept or /trade decline. You will be able to add items into the inventory on the left to offer them, and see the items from the other player on the right. Once you're happy with the trade, click the green wool to accept. To decline, click the red wool. The items will then be swapped. Hopefully this will make it easier to get reliable trades, and without the risk of others picking up your dropped items. Hoorah! (Please note, these trades are not tracked; you are responsible for ensuring you are getting an agreeable trade)

Also, there is now protection for your drops on death. When you die, your drops will be locked to prevent anyone but you being able to pick them up. If another player tries to pick them up, they and you will receive instructions on how to unlock the items (/unlockdrops)

Protection around region posts has been reduced in size to just cover the region post base. If any leaves overhang into this protection area, you would be able to break them freely. (though they should not) You will still need to ask a Guardian to raise/lower posts to the height you wish, but this should remove the need to ask for assistance in building up to the post.

The server will be up shortly, thanks for your patience and understanding through this time! ^_^
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Treiskaideka » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Nice changes!
I like the trade thing, as it helps to trade reliable.

The drop lock really supports our 'no pvp without consent' rule, and i gather it makes it easier to identify drops? Also, are these items still affected by despawning?

And I LOVE that we now can change up until the region post (they can still be protected by a calim, and probably should, when new newestregions are introduced)
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Postby Zedwick » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Treiskaideka wrote:Also, are these items still affected by despawning?

Items should still despawn as normal.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Kayzee21 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 am

Just a couple of things:
A.) Love that the server is back up! Thank you for the hard work!
B.) Some of the new commands are dandy!
C.) Tiny little issue on this one..I seem to have lost claimblocks. I'm not sure how many I had (it wasn't much over a thousand), but I appear to have -188,743 claimblocks allowed. Shaw also has negative claimblocks. Just a heads up!
Kayzee21

Minecraft IGN: Kayzee21

Postby RYucuis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 am

Soooooo.....while doing this you didn't happen to maybe by accident some how, possibly remove all the nether rack around my new wither skeleton spawner, did you? Hopefully? No? You didn't? darn :(

LOL
RYucuis
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: RYucuis

Postby Zedwick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 am

kayzee_218 wrote:Tiny little issue on this one..I seem to have lost claim blocks.

The upper limit to how many claim blocks you could earn had been reset to 80,000. Those of you who have earnt a ridiculous amount have had their total lowered to 80,000. The limit will be raised next time the server reboots, I will try to set your claim block total to match the number of claim blocks you have used to claim land. Sorry, you will need to earn the rest back ;)

The new total will be 300,000. I am going to leave that limit in place, as that is a crazy amount of space for 1 player to own.
This limit does not affect donator reward claim blocks, however.

Please do /HelpMe I have negative claimblocks if you do have negative claim blocks, and I will fix this once I am able to.

RYucuis wrote:you didn't happen to maybe by accident some how, possibly remove all the nether rack around my new wither skeleton spawner, did you?

I cannot think how this would occur, you can stand by it and do /HelpMe Nether Rack has gone missing from my wither skeleton spawner if you would like us to look into it.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby RYucuis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 am

LOL, it was a joke Zed, maybe if i do a /helpme remove all nether rack withint 130 blocks of this spawner, wink wink.

Just logged off for the night. My only issue was the missing /home location which was quickly reset. Thank you for your hard work Zedwick. It does not go unnoticed. (which reminds me it's about time for me to donate again)
RYucuis
Zesty

Postby Zedwick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:06 am

On Claiming and the nether...

I disabled claims in the nether (and end, if they were active there before) during the update, as they really are not compatible with that world. The nether is a small space, where players are often forced to share portals nether-side. To claim these communal areas would be to limit other players' use of their own nether portal. Claims are also designed to not hinder mining by only extending 5 blocks below the surface/bottom of your build, whilst extending to the sky limit. In the nether, mining often occurs above any builds. Claims completely ruin the mining experience in the nether, hindering players ability to access quartz and glowstone freely. Again, as the nether is such a small space even the smallest claim can be a hindrance, let alone the size an established player may be able to claim.

I hope this improves your nether adventure experience ^_^
Zedwick
Guardian

Re: [Zz] Updated to 1.8

Postby Zedwick » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:06 pm

In an effort to minimise potential grief, traps etc a few redstone features are disabled outside claims.

Pistons in particular will not extend when outside claims, you will receive a message when placing them but obviously won't be informed for pre-existing piston contraptions. A few of the existing automated farms have been reported broken due to this, to fix you simple need to claim the area.

EDIT: All features which are disabled outside land claims in the overworld should work in worlds which have claims disabled. Pistons will work in the nether and the end without claims being present.
Zedwick
Guardian

Re: [Zz] Updated to 1.8

Postby RYucuis » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:43 pm

So what you are are telling me is I just spent nearly all the resources I had built up on a wither skeleton spawner that uses over 200 pistons and a massive amount of redstone for repeaters and comparators that is now unrecoverable along with at least 90 diamonds to buy gunpowder to clear the nether and that doesn't count stuff I used to make tools and other supplies for this build, and now it won't work because I can't place a claim in the nether to make pistons work. I have spent over a month working on this to fine tune the workings and the crazy amount of time to clear the space. This really makes me mad. I would like to know how this is going to be rectified.
RYucuis
Zesty

PreviousNext

Return to Changelogs